Korean #1 online dash cam seller, IROAD

Ming Koh

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Unlike some other exported dash cams from Korea that are actually unpopular or that almost nobody in Korea knows of, IROAD has long time been ranked #1 on various online shopping malls.

upload_2014-8-7_14-1-22.png
IROAD

We are aware that people here are smart enough to judge which dashcam is good or bad.
I will leave URL links for each of our dashcam models and let you take a good look at our stuff.

upload_2014-8-7_14-2-39.png
IROAD DEFENDER
upload_2014-8-7_14-4-4.png

IROAD 900HD COMBO

upload_2014-8-7_14-5-18.png

IROAD AEV

upload_2014-8-7_14-7-37.png
IROAD T35

upload_2014-8-7_14-9-21.png
IROAD GT

upload_2014-8-7_14-11-44.png
IROAD 3800FU

upload_2014-8-7_14-14-5.png
IROAD 3300CH

That's about it. Take a look, spin you head and pick your next dashcam or not. It's easy as that.

Anyway, I really appreciate your attention and please leave a comment and I will get back to you asap.

Have a good one.

Last edited:
I was looking at your IROAD 900HD 2CH COMBO storage and memory info specs. Something I am not understanding. I have G1WH with a 32GB micro sd. The max record time in HD mode is < 5 hours. According to the 900HD spec posted a micro SD 32GB will record 20hrs-40min to 21hrs-50min: http://gdetail.image-gmkt.com/714/715805876/2014/4/aff7c983-619f-492c-ac3b-e7278d5fc5b9.jpg
Am I missing something here. How could the IRoad 900HD with the 32GB Micro SD card record over 20hrs of HD video?

The bit rate would have to be around 3.5 to manage that kind of storage. At that spec video playback might look like Atari 2600 game.

I was looking at your IROAD 900HD 2CH COMBO storage and memory info specs. Something I am not understanding. I have G1WH with a 32GB micro sd. The max record time in HD mode is < 5 hours. According to the 900HD spec posted a micro SD 32GB will record 20hrs-40min to 21hrs-50min: http://gdetail.image-gmkt.com/714/715805876/2014/4/aff7c983-619f-492c-ac3b-e7278d5fc5b9.jpg
Am I missing something here. How could the IRoad 900HD with the 32GB Micro SD card record over 20hrs of HD video?
Thanks for your attention.
I had a quick look at your dashcam and found out the resolution is 1920x1080, full HD. We do have dashcams with Full HD resolution, but IROAD 900HD 2CH combo one, in particular, has 1280x720 HD resolution for 'Both front/rear camera', meaning 32Gb SD card can record longer time than yours. More importantly, the front/rear camera of this model use '2 separate memory cards', rather than rear camera share the sd card inserted onto the front camera. For the reason being, each front/rear camera can use up to 32gb each, 64gb in total.

We reported your question to our headquarter office in Korea, and they confirmed front and rear camera of 900HD 2CH combo each can record up to 20hrs-40mins~21hrs-50mins using 32GB sd card.

If you have any more questions or believe part of what I have written above is somewhat wrong, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

The bit rate would have to be around 3.5 to manage that kind of storage. At that spec video playback might look like Atari 2600 game.

Video recordings of our dashcam models can be easily seen by clicking the links below the pictures of each dashcams.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding our dashcams.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Please let me know if you hav further questions regarding our dashcams.
I took a quick glance at the above page with the image.
Do you have the chip and bit rate used posted anywhere?
Thanks.

he was asking which chipset (processor, for example, TI, Ambarella, Zoran etc) your camera used and what the recording bitrate is, not asking about the memory card type

Thank you aussie for letting me know that.
It came out the bitrate is 6000Kbps, and I am not authorized to tell you which chipset was used for the device.

Cheers

You'd do better to find someone that is authorised to tell then if you want to generate interest in your product, 6mbit recording rate is unlikely to generate much interest though unfortunately, the expectation here is much higher

You'd do better to find someone that is authorised to tell then if you want to generate interest in your product, 6mbit recording rate is unlikely to generate much interest though unfortunately, the expectation here is much higher
Okay, understood. anyways, he specifically asked me about IROAD 900HD combo one and each of our products have differnt specs.

Thanks for your gentle advice.
I will work on the chipset issue.
By the way, the guy above specifically asked me about IROAD 900HD Combo, and the bitrate for that model is 6Mbit.
Please check the attached images.
upload_2014-8-8_17-42-11.png
<Defender>

upload_2014-8-8_17-42-43.png
<T35>
We do have higher-end dashcams and these are all made and "manufactured" in Korea.

Cheers

Attachments

• Defender.PNG
    Defender.PNG
    740.7 KB · Views: 11
  • T35.PNG
    T35.PNG
    673.2 KB · Views: 12
HD resolution was acceptable in 2011.
2012-2013y was all about FullHD ( 1ch cameras ) and FullHD + HD for 2ch cameras.
To be recognized in 2014 need to have at least FullHD / 30Fps with high bit-rate and quality CMOS for 1ch and FullHD + FullHD for 2Ch systems.
Anything below those specs are in the past.

1.5y ago I had 3800FU model. Quite good video sensitivity at night, nice colours at day, but unfortunately very low bit-rate ( pixelation ) and non-practical bracket mount, long boot up time and gps lock.

3800FU uses TI TMS320DM368 CPU

IROD GT uses Cortex A8 Core CPU

Last edited:
HD resolution was acceptable in 2011.
2012-2013y was all about FullHD ( 1ch cameras ) and FullHD + HD for 2ch cameras.
To be recognized in 2014 need to have at least FullHD / 30Fps with high bit-rate and quality CMOS for 1ch and FullHD + FullHD for 2Ch systems.
Anything below those specs are in the past.

1.5y ago I had 3800FU model. Quite good video sensitivity at night, nice colours at day, but unfortunately very low bit-rate ( pixelation ) and non-practical bracket mount, long boot up time and gps lock.

3800FU uses TI TMS320DM368 CPU

IROD GT uses Cortex A8 Core CPU

We are one of so many dashcam manufactuerers in Korea. Korean market is very competitive and people have already been used to 4ch and
you will see 4ch with FullHD soon, I can't guarantee the exact date though.
The bottom line is we have survived in Korean market for a quite long time and been leading the market with highest-end technology.
I promise to keep all the people in this forum informed of our latest lineups and we are more than welcome to receive feedbacks from you sir.

By the way, I appreciate your objective feedback on our 3800FU model

We are one of so many dashcam manufactuerers in Korea. Korean market is very competitive and people have already been used to 4ch and
you will see 4ch with FullHD soon, I can't guarantee the exact date though.
The bottom line is we have survived in Korean market for a quite long time and been leading the market with highest-end technology.
I promise to keep all the people in this forum informed of our latest lineups and we are more than welcome to receive feedbacks from you sir.

By the way, I appreciate your objective feedback on our 3800FU model

There are about 300 dashcam "brands" and only dozen of dashcam manufacturers in Korean, but yeah, I see your brand name still doing OK on local Korean market, which is tough. And I totally understand why your products are different to what we want, - you concentrating to local market needs, but in order to sell successfully to outside, - you need to do good R&D to for-fill outside market needs.

I am glad you joined this forum. Hope you will get an insight on what kind of products ( form-factor, specifications etc ) are in demand from people.

There are about 300 dashcam "brands" and only dozen of dashcam manufacturers in Korean, but yeah, I see your brand name still doing OK on local Korean market, which is tough. And I totally understand why your products are different to what we want, - you concentrating to local market needs, but in order to sell successfully to outside, - you need to do good R&D to for-fill outside market needs.

I am glad you joined this forum. Hope you will get an insight on what kind of products ( form-factor, specifications etc ) are in demand from people.

Thank you for the piece of advice.
I am very aware that members in this forum have deep knowlege of dashccams.
I would like to kindly ask you what you expect from our follow-up models in terms of specs or designs.
Your valuable opinions will be reflected in the outcome.

330CH, 3800FU, 900HD Combo, - nice discrete design, - something what many people are looking for.

Drawback is a glossy finish. This attracts attention from thefes and leaves finger-prints.
Also drawback is in mount / bracket design. Why it is positioned on the very edge / side ?
Having 3800FU in the past I had a bad experience with wobbling / vibrations, so I had to do my own DIY bracket adding it to opposite side to stop vibrations.
This is very basic physics that if you hold some heavy horizontal object from one end, - then other end become non stable. If you hold object on the centre, - then weight distribution is balanced and there are almost no vibrations. I dont know why your R&D department developed such an non-practical mount solution. What for they get paid ?

My opinion and questions:

3300CH, why only HD + HD, why not FullHD + HD?

3800FU, - this one I had personally, I like some things I mentioned earlier, but why such a low bit-rate ?

Defender, - this deisgn is sort of OK if compare to what other manufacturers offering now on the market, however its not exactly what many people want ( not discrete solution ), but rear camera design is nice and sleek, I like it.
Question again: why HD + HD ? - this is in the past 2012y. Now 2014, many go over to SuperHD ( 1296p ), but you could go at least Front FullHD + rear HD, if not both FullHD + FullHD.

Iroad GT, - this is actually can be mounted discretely, despite first looks bulky. I have BlackSys CF-100 for 1 year, it is exactly same design and I must say it for sure can be mounted discretely, not fully discretely how I would like, but still better than many other Korean 2ch ( except Blackvue lipstick / capsule style series ).
Questions again: Front HD and rear VGA. Why such a low specs ?!
For same price can buy Blacksys CF-100 with front 1080p SOny Exmor ( 14Mbps ) and rear 720P ( 4-5Mbps ), which combined produces quite good video quality compare to what is now available within 200-220 usd 2ch dashcam systems out there.

AEV WIFI, 720p _ wiFi, horizontal flat design, can be mounted quite discretely, so from design point of view its OK and for 99usd for 720p + WiFi I think its a fair deal, but as you are using a 2Mpix CMOS, - why not go with FullHD resolution ?

T35, Front FullHD + Sony Exmor, - great choice on CMOS and I believe it might give a good video quality, because I liked 3800FU from your products. Colour balance and night performance there was good, however bit-rate was low. If bit-rate is also low on this one, then it's not such good "improvement". Also rear camera used on T35 is only a VGA, - not a good sign for 2014. It must be at least 720p rear.

I know you probably dont like my criticism, but I just wanted to be honest to you regarding what I think.
I also know that there are different market need in Korea, but if you plan to go outside, - you have to relay on those market needs and overall competition in order to progress. And only by listening to criticism, - you can go further in products development that end customer would like to pay hard earned $.

Its a good sign that you are not afraid to register personally on public forum and talk directly to end user. I am sure - the more time your R&D department people spend on forums, - the quicker they get the overall picture on how should look next successful product you plan to produce.

Last edited:
330CH, 3800FU, 900HD Combo, - nice discrete design, - something what many people are looking for.

Drawback is a glossy finish. This attracts attention from thefes and leaves finger-prints.
Also drawback is in mount / bracket design. Why it is positioned on the very edge / side ?
Having 3800FU in the past I had a bad experience with wobbling / vibrations, so I had to do my own DIY bracket adding it to opposite side to stop vibrations.
This is very basic physics that if you hold some heavy horizontal object from one end, - then other end become non stable. If you hold object on the centre, - then weight distribution is balanced and there are almost no vibrations. I dont know why your R&D department developed such an non-practical mount solution. What for they get paid ?

My opinion and questions:

3300CH, why only HD + HD, why not FullHD + HD?

3800FU, - this one I had personally, I like some things I mentioned earlier, but why such a low bit-rate ?

Defender, - this deisgn is sort of OK if compare to what other manufacturers offering now on the market, however its not exactly what many people want ( not discrete solution ), but rear camera design is nice and sleek, I like it.
Question again: why HD + HD ? - this is in the past 2012y. Now 2014, many go over to SuperHD ( 1296p ), but you could go at least Front FullHD + rear HD, if not both FullHD + FullHD.

Iroad GT, - this is actually can be mounted discretely, despite first looks bulky. I have BlackSys CF-100 for 1 year, it is exactly same design and I must say it for sure can be mounted discretely, not fully discretely how I would like, but still better than many other Korean 2ch ( except Blackvue lipstick / capsule style series ).
Questions again: Front HD and rear VGA. Why such a low specs ?!
For same price can buy Blacksys CF-100 with front 1080p SOny Exmor ( 14Mbps ) and rear 720P ( 4-5Mbps ), which combined produces quite good video quality compare to what is now available within 200-220 usd 2ch dashcam systems out there.

AEV WIFI, 720p _ wiFi, horizontal flat design, can be mounted quite discretely, so from design point of view its OK and for 99usd for 720p + WiFi I think its a fair deal, but as you are using a 2Mpix CMOS, - why not go with FullHD resolution ?

T35, Front FullHD + Sony Exmor, - great choice on CMOS and I believe it might give a good video quality, because I liked 3800FU from your products. Colour balance and night performance there was good, however bit-rate was low. If bit-rate is also low on this one, then it's not such good "improvement". Also rear camera used on T35 is only a VGA, - not a good sign for 2014. It must be at least 720p rear.

I know you probably dont like my criticism, but I just wanted to be honest to you regarding what I think.
I also know that there are different market need in Korea, but if you plan to go outside, - you have to relay on those market needs and overall competition in order to progress. And only by listening to criticism, - you can go further in products development that end customer would like to pay hard earned $.

Its a good sign that you are not afraid to register personally on public forum and talk directly to end user. I am sure - the more time your R&D department people spend on forums, - the quicker they get the overall picture on how should look next successful product you plan to produce.

I really appreciate your comment. It must have been time-consuming work.
What I am going to do, translate your words in Korean and will send to our headquarter office in Korea.
You can rest assured they will look to it thoroughly.
In terms of the quality of dashcams, I guess cost reduction and more significantly, competitive pricing is what most of the manufacturers
in this industry have been considering seriously.
Even if a comapny is capable of producing a higher-end one, the price of newly made model would not be competitive.
And, of course, this issue is what our company has to deal with to satisfy our potential buyers.

Anyway, thank you for your advice on our dashcams and I will keep you guys informed of any latest news.

Reminder

The prices of dashcams above are all in SGD(Singaporean Dollars).
Customers in the states may purchase our products from U.S Amazon or ebay in USD equivalent.

By the way, we are currently operating two expanded branches overseas, Russia and Singapore

Thanks.

Can you provide a link to your products on Amazon? Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ryan Park South Korea 0
Back