"L" connector

SpaceCowboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a "L" adapter available for the front to rear connection. The power cable is L shaped but not this one and is preventing me from getting the BV mounted as close to the rain sensor as I'd like.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered but could not find anything.

Thanks!

The front co-ax cable should be "L" shaped to allow you to rotate the camera. If you keep removing and replacing the front connection, there's a danger of damaging the delicate pin, as I did. I recently purchased a new cable - the front was "L" shaped and the rear was straight. Ensure you've got it the right way round - front and rear is actually stamped on my replacement cable.

The front co-ax cable should be "L" shaped to allow you to rotate the camera. If you keep removing and replacing the front connection, there's a danger of damaging the delicate pin, as I did. I recently purchased a new cable - the front was "L" shaped and the rear was straight. Ensure you've got it the right way round - front and rear is actually stamped on my replacement cable.

True. However, I like to have my rear connection L-shaped as well, so if anyone knows a L-shaped adapter, I would love to get one!

Have you tried googling "Blackvue cables"?

Have you tried googling "Blackvue cables"?
Yes - unfortunately, just the full replacement cables come up. I also tried mini coax L adapter and they don't look the same. Perhaps they're known as a different name?

Yeah, sadly the installer that did my job put the L-shaped one in the rear, but same issue there. Both should be L-shaped really when you think about it. Ideally, I'm searching for a 6" extender with one end straight and the other L-shaped.

I believe it is MCX, but maybe someone can confirm.

MMCX is smaller. Note that the cable you found on ebay converts from MCX to MMCX.

I believe it is MCX, but maybe someone can confirm.

MMCX is smaller. Note that the cable you found on ebay converts from MCX to MMCX.
Good catch. How about this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252442627038
RG316 6inch RF pigtail MCX female jack pin to MCX male right angle Cable Jumper

I'm going to order it.

I also emailed Pittasoft to provide the specs in case this one doesn't work. Will update the post once I know more.

Last edited:
Did you receive it? Does it fit? Does it work?

Back