LA Driver captures road rage on video. Unbelievable footage!

rmurphy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Video has gone viral and made it on NBC news tonight.

I drive this section of freeway a couple of times a month and it's just scary to think of this happening to someone there. Certainly there are things I might have done differently from this driver, but still... just wow.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 63781.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: LA Driver captures road rage on video. Unbelievable foot

Looks like this bogan forgot his meds and needs to use public transport instead. There were lots of opportunities to evade that vehicle and get off the highway when the offending driver would not have been able to follow.

Dealt with several of these incidents and it's quiet intimidating. All drivers in my case faced court and were charged.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The CHP are calling the high strung driver a "person of interest" no **** sherlock! This moron's plate is clearly visible for all to see - I'm amazed they haven't alredy got him locked up somewhere by now.
And the comment from the cop about calling 911 etc - I'm sure I could hear the guy talking to someone about this.
And let's not forget there has already been a very famous case where some rich kid in a pickup truck was making everyone's life miserable on the highway. The driver called the police for help & they were absolutely no use whatsoever.

I'm sure we will start seeing many more crazy road rage videos in the US as dash cams become more popular. That guy appears to be nuts.

It occurs to me, though, that we are only seeing what the camera guy wants us to see.

Some people really are highly strung, and the fruitcake could have been wound up by others prior to this & maybe camera guy severely cut him up a little earlier, perhaps forcing him to brake really hard, maybe swerve etc? Maybe camera guy was driving like a complete nob beforehand?
And now, 5 minutes later, we see fruit loops still fuming over what cam guy did & hence all the abuse - the 'let's see how you like being cut up & forced to brake' attitude?

If I were the police, I'd be wanting to see ALL the footage off this guy's camera - unedited/untouched.
It'd be so funny if fruit loops had a dual dashcam that showed cam guy driving all over the place THEN when fruitloops stopped him & asked him what his problem was, it showed cam guy flipping him the bird & making other obscene gestures to wind him up (being careful not to say anything on camera & careful to make sure his obscene gestures aren't on his camera).

At the end of the news item they said cam guy was grateful his laptop wasn't damaged - so was he all over the road because he was watching a film (seen truckers doing this) or working on his laptop?

There's two sides to every coin - not forgetting the edge!
images

News - riot police beat up innocent bystander.
OR - did the riot police just take this weapon from the protester - who was using the weapon to hit the policeman?

^^ It would not matter what cam guy did prior to the footage we have seen. Crazy guy had no right to do everything he did. Period. He endangered dozens of motorists, drove up the hard shoulder, cut off at least two other cars in addition to the cam guy's, and nearly caused multiple accidents. It does not matter what cam guy may have done. Nothing justifies crazy guy's reaction. Nothing.

The comment regarding the laptop...cam guy was transporting a laptop in his car. Apparently crazy guy, in one of his tirades, threw a drink *INTO* the window of cam guy's car drenching his laptop. The laptop wasn't damaged because of cam guy's driving.

I can't help but wonder if we watched the same video because your reaction to it, trying to blame the victim here, seems unexpected and difficult to understand.

I'm all for playing devil's advocate and wanting to know more and realizing that no camera can see everything there is to see, but there is nothing about the cam guy's demeanor which indicates he's a jerky driver or instigated this insane tirade by crazy guy that endangered other people on the road. Could cam guy maybe have done some things differently to protect himself (like roll up the windows)? Sure. But there is nothing that justifies crazy guy. Even if cam guy was somehow taunting him, there is no excuse for crazy guy's behavior. He broke numerous laws and endangered dozens of innocent by-standers. Nothing justifies that. Nothing.

but it Might be important, cam guy's actions prior to this could have a major bearing on why crazy guy acted like he did. And whilst crazy guy has broken many laws, he could have been badly wound up by whatever cam guy was doing.
All I'm saying is that it 'might' be important.

And, yes, we did watch the same video - and my first reaction was the same as most everyone else's.
idiot playing games on dual carriageway
What if I were to say that a few minutes earlier I had cut this guy up on the roundabout entering this stretch of road - no reason for it, I'm just a crap driver. He overtook me at speed then slowed down to force me to go slower, as I attempted an overtake, he kept speeding up so I couldn't. ?
As it is, you only have my word for it that everything was fine up to this point.
As it happens, I'm driving a bus fitted with a limiter set to 100kph. I have passengers on board & everything is exactly as it appears on cam.

Again, not saying cam guy is to blame, or crazy guy shouldn't be locked up - just like to have seen more footage leading up to this event.
Watching some of the russian vids from links on here & some of them go on forever, showing a great deal of footage leading up to the prang - maybe this is why?

^^ In the US, specifically the State of California where this occurred (and about 6 miles from my home), it does not matter WHY crazy guy went berzerk. You aren't allowed to go berzerk. If someone provokes you, you take as many steps to avoid confrontation as possible. No court here will accept any claim of being "wound up" as reason to put so many people in danger like he did.

Basically, here, it is of no importance whatsoever what his supposed justification is. He is dead wrong and ought to lose his license and removed from civilized society until he can figure out how to remove his head from an orifice designed only for expelling excrement.

Back