Lady crashes her Nissan into me.

shiffles

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A118C; Mini 0805 (x2); G1W-C
It's only been 3 days since my new Mini 0805 has been installed in my car and oh my it already has some crash footage that I'll use in insurance claims.

The lady in the Nissan claims she didn't see me because "The sun blinded me". Which I feel that is a fair reason since the sun was setting when this happened and she directly drove into it.

For the record, the lady didn't run. She stopped shortly after realizing she hit me. (She also happens to live two houses down from me lol).

The lady (and her husband) agreed on paying for the repair either through insurance or just paying cash. I'll be getting a quote from a shop tomorrow to see how much they ask to repair it then hand over the bill.

If they decide to be a smartassess, well RBC Insurance here I come.

Thank you Tonym....you are absolutely correct. I see people who take quick turns (which she did) without slowing down and make lazy cut corner turns all the time. The sun may have hid your vehicle some....but that has nothing to do with staying in your lane. Good video...she may have said you were in your lane and you moved your car before police got there. I don't trust people enough to handle it civilly....I will always do a police report.

Get your cash quickly- there is likely a time limit on how long you can wait to report this and file a claim.

Personally I'd want the police involved even if I couldn't detect any damage to my vehicle. The last time I trusted someone to pay damages they handed me a bad check and it took me 3 weeks to collect (a jobsite mishap).

Ain't gonna happen again :mad:
Phil

Get your cash quickly- there is likely a time limit on how long you can wait to report this and file a claim.

Personally I'd want the police involved even if I couldn't detect any damage to my vehicle. The last time I trusted someone to pay damages they handed me a bad check and it took me 3 weeks to collect (a jobsite mishap).

Ain't gonna happen again :mad:
Phil

The police won't get involved.

This isn't the first time I was involved in an accident of this kind. Way before I had a dashcam (and when the car was almost showroom new) I was rear ended at a traffic light. The guy agreed to pay and fix it through a body shop owned by his friend or someone. Didn't really trust the dude so I went ahead and tried to file a report after getting a quote from the local Honda dealership (around $300 parts + labour). The police department simply said "We don't do that for accidents that doesn't have bodily injuries or the damages do not exceed $1000".

I highly doubt they would do anything this time either.

Low sun or not, it's still your side of the road. I see so many people getting lazy and cutting corners like this.

You see, this isn't even the worst. You should see what people do at roundabouts here. Some people just completely ignore it and start driving in the wrong direction for left turns.

For small incidents, you can call police department and log a case.
They won't come out but can log a police report for reference.

The lady in the Nissan claims she didn't see me because "The sun blinded me". Which I feel that is a fair reason since the sun was setting when this happened and she directly drove into it.
I don't know about you but if I'm driving into some place and I can't see properly what's in there, I'm even more careful and try to keep myself on my side of the road as much as possible. The "the sun blinded me" excuse just don't cut it. She took for granted that there wasn't nobody there.

What everyone else said. Plus she was in the shade until the 29s mark, when she was already starting to cut the corner.

Translation - I was cutting the corner like I always do. I would have corrected if I saw you but the sun blinded me.

Translation - I was cutting the corner like I always do. I would have corrected if I saw you but the sun blinded me.

I guess I should trade my black Honda Civic in for a white one so it's more visible. (No racism intended)

You missed the point. She did not see you, so you need to keep the horn on at all times. :p

You missed the point. She did not see you, so you need to keep the horn on at all times. :p
Still won't work because she probably had her earphones on and plugged into her phone listening to loud music. :eek:

Still won't work because she probably had her earphones on and plugged into her phone listening to loud music. :eek:

Funny you should mention that, cuz i saw a guy like that yesterday, and he was rocking his oversized headphones :rolleyes:

But hey, i remember when i was young and was blasting my eardrums with loud music from the Sony walkman and later on Discman.
I properly looked like a dumb ass too back then,

Loved the shadow of you throwing up your arms in the air

Hope it all got sorted in the end.

Her Nissan must have a fair amount of damage from both doors back :eek:

Technically, youre supposed to stop at the stop sign. You rolled about 10 feet past it, but the way that intersection is setup, you have to pull past it to see the oncoming traffic.

Back