Lady road rages behind me

road_rascal

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Many

I'm guessing this lady blows a fuse because I actually came to a stop at a red light and gets enraged because I didn't move until it was clear (front cam shows heavy traffic at 60+mph). She completely blows the dual right turn, and then she give me the finger (again) as she passes me. Action ends at 1:55 but I included the front cam video to show there was no way I was going until it was safe.

She obviously knows that "you can turn right on a red" and thinks that therefore "red lights have no meaning if you're turning right". Forgetting the meaning of a stop line of course.

Also one of those who only looks at the car in front of her and not the overall traffic situation.

She need a crash course on good manners, but all she will probably get is a crash.
I would like a similar rule here in Denmark, but at the same time i also know the Danes would not be able to handle such rule at all

Another example of someone who does not have the mental ability to drive a car safely. I too get aggravated when the car in front of me does not turn right on red when they can safely do so, but I don't exhibit that or honk my horn or anything else except for speaking to myself.The law here says you MAY turn right on red, not that you have to do it. Your only obligation to move is when the light turns green and the intersection is clear. If they still haven't moved after a few seconds, I tap my horn to wake them up, not a longer blast which may be taken as a rude gesture even if that could be well justified.

When you allow the attitudes of others affect your driving you are being as childish and as immature as they are, and your own driving will become adversely affected because of that. Remember "FIDO"- Forget It, Drive On ;) In cases like this, that's doubly effective because it ticks them off even more when they see that they cannot get the response they want and irritate you with their childish actions :p

Phil

O yes.
I often feel the burn in traffic, but really there are no reason to act out on it.
I do some times but then it is mostly to get a good laugh at my own expense.

It its really bad it go on my youtube, but often i am too lazy even for that,,,,,, though i must also say some times like today i can do a 2 X 1 hour drive and have nothing to upload.
And some days i have 3 clips before i get 1 mile away from home :rolleyes:

Impatient angry people like this do not need to be on the road. I have one in this video as well. Fast forward to 1:54

Hey, I know that intersection! That's a dangerous one to be even attempting to be pulling out in front of someone. That lady sure wasnt "Minnesota Nice"

Lady road rages behind me

Loosely interpreted, "Bully road rages behind me", anyone who tries to make another do anything they're not comfortable doing shows more about their mental state than anything else.

I rarely have this problem, but when I do, I make damn sure I put my own safety ahead of the needs of the impatient person behind. They want you to put yourself at risk for their benefit. Just say no. You are in a better position to judge than they are for one thing.

Hey, I know that intersection! That's a dangerous one to be even attempting to be pulling out in front of someone. That lady sure wasnt "Minnesota Nice"

Even though the speed limit is 60 at that point most drivers are going 65-70.

Back