Laggy, Jumpy video Clips

Daffypuck

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was cleaning up my Event folder on my SD card and noticed a few clips were real laggy and choppy. At first I thought I had something running in the background that was affecting the playback. After ensuring there wasnt, I went back and watched several clips and the same ones that were laggy were still laggy and choppy. The sound was playing fine, but it was playing back like it was at 10fps. Any ideas what that mightve been?

upload a clip and send us a link to have a look, could be a playback problem, could be a memory card problem, need to see the file in question to be able to offer an idea of what to check next

Here is a clip. It seems to be random. Im using the Transcend 32GB card that came with the camera. Any ideas?

OK. But thats the way the video looks to me in the US. The sound is fine, but the video stutters. You are seeing it corrctly!

OK. But thats the way the video looks to me in the US. The sound is fine, but the video stutters. You are seeing it corrctly!

trust me, all videos stutter here, it's a very tedious process to watch anything here through a VPN and tethered mobile, will wait for the other guys to check it

There us stutter in this video however overall video length of time is correct ( no time freez ), sound also dont have stutter.
OP, have you formatted memory card inside dashcam before starting recording ?

sorry, see you mentioned Transcend, have you got another card you can try

how long has it been doing this, is it something new?

Niko, yes. Ive ben using this card and cam since March. It seems to be random. 5 or 6 clips will be fine, then 2 or 3 in a row will be jumpy, then the next 2 or 3 will be fine. I will try a reformat of the card and see if that resolves it.

It seems to be something new. I noticed a couple of days ago while reviewing footage and clearing my event folder.

Niko, yes. Ive ben using this card and cam since March. It seems to be random. 5 or 6 clips will be fine, then 2 or 3 in a row will be jumpy, then the next 2 or 3 will be fine. I will try a reformat of the card and see if that resolves it.
Not sure how heavily you have been using this card. Maybe life-cycle coming to an end "getting tired" ?
Can you try other card and see how it goes. Then we can go from there furthure.

I reformatted the card and after a day or 2 of recording, Ill check the clips and see if its an issue. Ill also pop in another card for a day and see if it occurs with that card. On a side note, whats the biggest card i can use? I seemed to have seen discussions stating that 64gb is the largest. Can I use a 128gb with this cam?

What do you mean "life cycle?" I wasnt aware a solid state piece of tech had a life cycle?.

128gb is no problem, they won't last forever, the more hours you put on it the faster it will wear out

Back