Lakewood Colo freeway pile-up STRONG LANGUAGE

Under 18, generally. Some states, 16.

You don't see that many hitchhikers in the US anymore, also. You're more prone to see the homeless types with a few dogs on a piece of rope, 2-3 suitcases, and talking on a cellphone. Sometimes you'll see a couple, 2 dogs, 7 suitcases......2 cellphone. I'm serious. maybe they even have a cat?
True :D

I just love dogs, but i don't dare to get one.
So thankfully i have big brown Fie i can go visit, which when she see me wiggle her tail so strong she almost fall on her ass, and she can find no rest pacing back and forth, cuz she know soon she and i go for a nice long walk where i assume the boss role and so she can just be the dog she are.
If anyone have a GF or wife that love them as much as Fie love me, they are a lucky fellow that i envie.

The latest: The driver has been charged with 40 crimes, 36 of which are felonies :eek: It's been confirmed that the truck in the second video was indeed the same guy and based on his supposed statement, his brakes failed earlier than that and he was aware of it as he passed the runaway truck ramp :(

Phil

Thats why i always say its a pleasure to see or work with professionals, anything else and really you have no idea what you get.

The latest: The driver has been charged with 40 crimes, 36 of which are felonies :eek: It's been confirmed that the truck in the second video was indeed the same guy and based on his supposed statement, his brakes failed earlier than that and he was aware of it as he passed the runaway truck ramp :(

Phil
I still suspect that he got to the bottom of the hill safely at terminal velocity (85 MPH ish), thought "Made it down again :p", then put his foot back on the throttle to maintain the speed limited speed and assumed the brakes would have cooled by the time he next needed them, however that junction is only a few minutes from the hill and brakes take a long time to cool when they are glowing red hot.

Unfortunately for him, the courts need to set an example, otherwise it will keep happening.

Not that if matters much, (compared to a life) but the company only had the minimum in liability insurance. $750,000.

I guess lawsuits will still be filed, but they'll find somebody with deeper pockets to name. (truck manufacturer, the shipper of the lumber, any broker involved)

https://kdvr.com/2019/04/30/truckin...ash-only-carries-750k-of-liability-insurance/

Company with 5 trucks probably was run out of the driveway of the owner, who may have be out of the country by now.

There's not much point in making an example of the driver. The only thing that will work is to increase the daily enforcement of the laws on that stretch. The occasional lawsuits and jail time just means drivers think 'it won't happen to me'.

Big fines and license points and the word eventually gets out.

Just yesterday I was approaching a lane closure in a work zone with reduced speeds and warning signs for miles prior.
The stupid truckers were fighting with the cars to pass just one more vehicle while it was physically possible, (or not).
I'd LOVE to have some sort of vaporising ray gun and the authority to use it.

Winter have returned here, i was driving in snow last night.
So this morning have seen a few big accidents all over the country.

Not that if matters much, (compared to a life) but the company only had the minimum in liability insurance. $750,000.

I guess lawsuits will still be filed, but they'll find somebody with deeper pockets to name. (truck manufacturer, the shipper of the lumber, any broker involved)

https://kdvr.com/2019/04/30/truckin...ash-only-carries-750k-of-liability-insurance/

Company with 5 trucks probably was run out of the driveway of the owner, who may have be out of the country by now.

There's not much point in making an example of the driver. The only thing that will work is to increase the daily enforcement of the laws on that stretch. The occasional lawsuits and jail time just means drivers think 'it won't happen to me'.

Big fines and license points and the word eventually gets out.

Just yesterday I was approaching a lane closure in a work zone with reduced speeds and warning signs for miles prior.
The stupid truckers were fighting with the cars to pass just one more vehicle while it was physically possible, (or not).
I'd LOVE to have some sort of vaporising ray gun and the authority to use it.
+1

Winter have returned here, i was driving in snow last night.
So this morning have seen a few big accidents all over the country.
No winter tires at this time of year!
Or do you not have them anyway with your country being flat and surrounded by sea?

I swapped to summer tires about a month ago, also it wasent serious, the snow i drove in last night was think and all but it was gone the second it hit the ground.
But is seem some places got hail ASO early in the morning, and that caught people out.

ab25a883-10e7-4ad4-997d-443684c15311.jpg

360504_1200_0_64_0_1152_720_2.jpg

The general problem is Danes are very bad at adjusting their speed according to the conditions. thick fog and people might slow down a little but they will still drive bumper 2 bumper.

No i don't think a police man - a paramedic - a firefighter or a serviceman are heroes.
They occupy jobs that do give them a good chance of going above and beyond once or once in a while, and so become a hero, but in every day doings they are just working folk's

Of course on this the American and Danish culture are much different, American service men don't just the purple hearts thrown at them, and so it should be IMO
I have been offered a accommodation, but i turned it down, i did CPR on a man in severe need of it, and then i drove on to work "covered" in his blood, and did my 11 hour work day,,, after my colleagues told me to clean myself.
But it was nothing special, though far from all Danes have the knowledge to do CPR, then really i just did what i had to do, actually the law here say i must do that.

I will honor all people i think are made of the right stuff, but i stand a little taller when its a person from whom such deeds wasent really expected.
June 6 i will in my own little way honor some people who i feel i owe a lot, they are not my people, hell most of them are sadly dead now, but they are certainly people who i measure myself up against,,, and most often fail though that much was never asked of me.
But they was not all heroes in my eyes, but each and everyone of them certainly demand a whole lot of respect.

For me it is sort of the same when i drive along in town and approach a crosswalk ( not light regulated ) in which case i must then yield if there is a person standing there and want to cross.
But what i then hate is when i do what the law dictate i must do, then the person walking get all happy and smile and wave to me, as if i did something special.
What they should do is scream and flip off the people that do not obey by the law, cuz it is those idiots that have not lead to just doing what you are supposed to do is to be celebrated and applauded.
NO ! thats the norm, people falling outside of that norm is what should be the focus, and in the case of traffic safety should be hated upon.

Doing what you are supposed to do as per the communal rule sets should be the norm, and you should only celebrate or attack what lie outside of that norm.
I agree with you. I think the reason that moniker has become common place in American culture is how veterans returning from Vietnam were treated. Americans realized their mistake and changed their attitudes towards all who have a high risk job and erred on the side of giving praise and thanks to avoid making the mistake of the past generation.

Yeah the stay at home hippies back then was a disgrace to them self. their parents many of whom i assume served in WW2 must have felt really bad if they knew.

I really do want to praise and respect more people, its just i don't come across many people like that IRL, so most of them are people i have had to find in the history books.
It have always been one of my top priorities / wishes to meet and shake the hand of one of those Americans / British / Canadians that came ashore on D day, sadly that will probably never happen as so precious few are left of those people today.

Back