Lane splitter hits lane changer. Lane Splitter knocked out...

Or do as many motorcyclists do pretty much everywhere: get a loud exhaust. That way drivers will know you're coming a mile away. ;)
Especially at 3:00 AM when riding through a residential neighborhood. One of my (former) neighbors had a 'come to Jesus' meeting with about 20 homeowners about his loud exhaust. :mad: He moved shortly after. (y):love:

It wouldn't necessarily be so bad if they'd just startup and ride out or ride in and shut off the engine, but it seems they always want to rev the engine up a bunch of times whether coming or going and that's what makes the most noise and riles up the neighbors. However it's not just the Harley owners, as car owners with loud exhausts also like to behave the same way.

KuoH

Especially at 3:00 AM when riding through a residential neighborhood. One of my (former) neighbors had a 'come to Jesus' meeting with about 20 homeowners about his loud exhaust. :mad: He moved shortly after. (y):love:

Or do as many motorcyclists do pretty much everywhere: get a loud exhaust. That way drivers will know you're coming a mile away. ;)
Knowing and seeing are two very different things. it's not easy to pinpoint the direction of an exhaust note. Motorbikes apparently count for 1% of vehicles on UK roads, but 20% of incidents. Many motorcyclists are also drive cars, yet they fail to see how there is so much they can do to avoid collisions with car drivers who have never driven a motorbike even though they "should" understand from a car driver's point of view

Didn't work here... Can't say I've ever known such a thing as a quiet Harley. A quiet gold wing absolutely, but never a Harley.

Harley even tried to patent their "sound" -

Nine of Harley-Davidson's competitors filed oppositions against the application, arguing that cruiser-style motorcycles of various brands use the same crankpin V-twin engine which produces the same sound. After six years of litigation, with no end in sight, in early 2000, Harley-Davidson withdrew their application.

I am constantly seeing these bumper stickers saying "watch out for motorcycles" yet most of the ones I see out there ride like they want to get hit.

One-Six

Back