Larger sized microSD Cards for Thinkware U1000 ?

One is a Thinkware card and the other is a Sandisk High Endurance card.

Hello, the Thinkware U1000 can support a maximum of 256GB of MicroSD card and it is recommended to use Thinkware MicroSD card brand

Roughly how many hours / days will a 256gb card hold for the U1000 running both front and rear cameras?

Seems like I get around 3 days before it starts recording over itself but its completely dependent on how many hours you drive.

Roughly how many hours / days will a 256gb card hold for the U1000 running both front and rear cameras?
DCT has a calculator where you plug in the total bit rate for both cameras plus the card size and it will calculate recording capacity.

@DashCamMan could you create a menu link for this to make it easier to find? Thanks.

So will both of these work or should I definitely buy the more expensive A2 card? I know I can get these cheaper form Amazon but I'm always concerned that memory cards bought from places like this could be fake.
Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 16.29.15.png

Last edited:
Here's the time table for the recording time with respective MicroSD card size
1706706194657.png

Attachments

• 1706706178713.png
    1706706178713.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
It also depends on how you have the partitioning set up, whether priority is for continuous or one of the other modes.
My typical daily commute is a total of 3 to 3.5 hours and I'll get just under two days of continuous, but I have Parking incidents back to Jan 5, and Continuous incidents back to last July.
My parking incidents are high because the radar seems to trigger and record even a vehicle with a loud exhaust passing through the parking structure.

Back