Largest SD card for BlackVue DR900X-2Ch

Ukraine Visitor

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone knows largest size SD card the BlackVue DR900X-2Ch can handle?
Has anyone tried any particular brand/specs that worked (but which didn't break the bank)?
Prices for the BlackVue branded cards are ridiculously high.

Last edited:
I think you can just bring to attention to @administrator and ask him to move your original post, or if you want to carry on here you can also yourself delete your original post in the general forum.

I am not able to help you as i have no personal experienve with any blackvue camera let alone this model, and as i understand it this brand can be a little fuzzy about which memory cards they like.

I think you can just bring to attention to @administrator and ask him to move your original post, or if you want to carry on here you can also yourself delete your original post in the general forum.

I am not able to help you as i have no personal experienve with any blackvue camera let alone this model, and as i understand it this brand can be a little fuzzy about which memory cards they like.
Thanks, an admin deleted the redundant post.

Awesome price - thanks!
That's more like my budget :)
Well, shipping to Ukraine might make it a bit less attractive.

And far as I know, Samsung doesn't make the pro endurance cards in sizes larger than 128GB yet.

Shipping from the US is frighteningly expensive to the UK. I suspect that if OP can't get locally, then try the UK or other EU country.
OOPs. UK is no longer EU.

Well, a couple of things I did not know.
Segment length: wish is was more than 1 (or 3min). There's no sense in buying a dashcam if you are not using it's entire potential, so I have mine at 4k/Extreme. Well, I can't do anything with the segment length if I use the camera's full potential - limited at 1min. That sux imo. I get the filename structure, so it's not horrible, but still. 1min?
Estimates on microSD sizes are attached. I wonder how long it will be until a firmware update to 512GB+ cards.

Blackvue_segment_length.PNG

Blackvue_sd_card_length.PNG

All dashcams have a limit to the length of individual recordings, because if something bad happens while an output file is open, the entire recording will be lost. In the "old days", dashcams opened the file for output and just left it open for long periods of time. If the vehicle was in an accident or lost power or something else bad happened, the users would discover the entire recording was corrupted/lost. To my knowledge, all dashcams now segment.
The fact the camera stores this as smaller individual files is of minimal relevance to the user, because all decent dashcam software will follow along. Plus there are apps/scripts available to allow you to splice the segments together on your PC is you so desire. If you search the forums, you'll find ffmpeg-based scripts to combine front/rear and join groups of files.

Personally, I doubt we'll ever see a firmware upgrade to support larger cards. In my experience, updates to the initial firmware is relatively minor tweaks or bug fixes only. When a manufacturer decides to support the larger card, they'll just come out with yet another "new'n'improved" model with said support, and if you really want that, you'll cough up to buy the new model.

I can confirm the 512GB WD purple works flawlessly in a dr750s 2ch setup i have been using it for a while now. Card size shoulnt really be a limitation but you want an endurance rated card for this purpose. I also think the soon to be released 1TB will also work without problems.

I can confirm the 512GB WD purple works flawlessly in a dr750s 2ch setup i have been using it for a while now. Card size shoulnt really be a limitation but you want an endurance rated card for this purpose. I also think the soon to be released 1TB will also work without problems.
Hi Tomcat, leapfrogging the 256 limit altogether sounds interesting. I searched Amzon for 512GB WD purple but didn't come up with anything. Can u be more specific? thx

For example here (WDD512G1P0C):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B088CF7KV2

Be aware there are more types:
QD101(WDDxxxG1P0C) - up to 512GB (1TB comming soon), 500 overwrites
QD102(WDDxxxG1P0A) - up to 256GB, 1000 overwrites
QD312(WDDxxxG1P1B) - up to 256GB, 3000 overwrites

Well thats unfortunate. However it came with a 3 year warrenty. if it would fail within 3 years it should be covered.
They didnt have the QD312 256gb version in stock here same for the Sandisk 256gb max endurance i tried to order before.
My main motivation for the biggest card was that my brothers car is vulnerable to determined vandalism. and i dont have the option to store his data trough the downloader like im doing here. a card which fails in a year or so is still less of a problem for us then a card that dousnt have enough buffer to store those vulnerable hours.
which other large capacity models would you advice?

I just ordered a 128GB Samsung Pro Endurance for my DR750X, the price of the blackvue cards is indeed ridiculous. Used the same model in all my dashcams

Hohohoooo, today i noticed WD Purple 1TB (WDD100T1P0C) is available in my country. :love:

But 260$ for that is kinda questionable whether it's worth a try (and too bad i don't have DR900X anymore).

Hehe yeah at that price i would rather spend that amount on a M2 drive for my computer.

If only dashcams supported M2 drives, you can get a 1TB one plenty fast for any dashcam for under 100 USD

Sure but first you have to admit it's quite impressive to have 1TB in such small form factor. Not to mention in endurance class.

And second, the problem with M.2 drives is very few of them are industrial grade for operation in subzero and summer baking temperatures. But yeah, i think main parts of dashcams can finally move into glovebox or somewhere else with plenty of space for such things.

Sure but first you have to admit it's quite impressive to have 1TB in such small form factor. Not to mention in endurance class.
Is anyone using the 1TB Purple yet? I can't find it (US). I've been seeing these crazy $36.00 1TB microSD cards all over Amazon. None have actual reviews, just stars. I have an extra 36bucks, but not sure if this is even worth the effort. Class10... that's it.

36_microSD.PNG

Last edited:
Back