Last file corrupted issue, which capacitor should I buy?

biomulti

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
I bought viofo a119 from trusted ebay seller in China in Jun 2017.
1 year warranty guaranteed from the seller so I think I can get it replaced if I want to.
But first I might have to send it to china and then receive it after get it fixed which will takes more than a month and I don't want to go through that.

I've googled about this issue and it's most likely bad super capacitor problem.
I have soldering iron kit so I'm going to replace it by myself but which capacitor should I buy and where can I ?
Can Viofo send me capacitors for replacement if I'm still under warranty?

Last edited:
Have you opened up the camera to see if the caps look blown?

after 20+ months of use started to get more and more last video files "corrupted" ("Splitter not found") on both A119's... up to 50% of my trips had a bad last file... opened up one camera, none of the capacitors had a bulging top, but I decided to replace all the capacitors anyway.
bought 10pcs 2.7v 3.3F capacitors on Amazon, replaced them (all 4), and have no "corrupted file" problem anymore. :)

I think you meant to write "3.3uF". A 3 farad capacitor is gigantic! :eek:

(I like to nit-pic...)

I think you meant to write "3.3uF". A 3 farad capacitor is gigantic! :eek:

(I like to nit-pic...)

@borik is spot on. The capacitors are gigantic! Capacitors gone in leaps and bounds from yesteryear and much much smaller.

3.3F @2.7V is what is in the A119 ver1. Two of them. Next trick is to make sure they are rated high for heat. Higher then 70C

would putting slightly bigger caps in allow for a bit longer power during shutdown? what would be the biggest caps that could fit inside these cams?

Back