Latest F/W that supports 128GB memory card

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
128GB cards are getting pretty cheap now :) and with summer coming on I'll be doing a lot more extended driving so I'd like to get the increased capacity.

My V2 front camera is running beta F/W 20160125.V2
V1 rear camera is running beta F/W 20160906.002

Do both these F/W versions support 128GB cards?

Last edited:
the V1 version you have should support it but you probably can't format the card, format the card in the V2 camera first and it might be ok, otherwise have to do it in the PC using fat32 formatter or similar

Thanks guys. I guess it's time to go spend some (more) money. :(

Is it safe to assume that the next production release of the V1 F/W will support 128GB (and maybe higher)?

the current V1 release already does, you're on an earlier version though
I thought it might but wasn't sure. Unfortunately the current release does not support GPS time sync. :(

Last edited:
no time frame but probably not too far away, no progress during the last month due to holidays but things are starting to get back to normal now

no time frame but probably not too far away, no progress during the last month due to holidays but things are starting to get back to normal now
OK - no hurry. I keep forgetting about the extended holiday period. So long as the current V1 beta F/W will support it I'm good with that, otherwise I can wait for the production release. Cards are on order and will be here in a couple of days.

the V1 version you have should support it but you probably can't format the card, format the card in the V2 camera first and it might be ok, otherwise have to do it in the PC using fat32 formatter or similar
The V1 (F/W 20150906.002) does support 128GB cards. Formatted initially using FAT32-formatter.exe and it seemed to work in limited 'bench testing', but any attempt to format in camera did not go well (as expected). Formatted in V2 after the failed attempt and seems to be working well. Will keep a close eye on it going forward to insure it passes the '64GB threshold' OK and then properly overwrite once the card gets full.

Being as I don't have a 'daily commute' it will take a while, since it should hold about 18 hours of video.

My desire to use 128GB is because my wife and I tend to take 'mini-vacations' which usually consist of 5-6 hours of driving to reach our destination and the same to return. A 128GB card will allow the entire trip to be captured in it's entirety and still allow for a significant amount of local driving at the destination.

will probably have the updated V1 firmware sometime next week if we stay on schedule
I'll be more than happy to give it a quick test before release if you'd like.

Back