Latest Firmware for DOD LS300W / TioTech GT300W here !

cyru5 said:
Got me GT300W yesterday. I think its one of the last GT300W produced, before they stopped production.
And I've two problems:
1) I charged up the cam and plugged it to the car charger. First the cam only showed the logo and nothing happend. After some time the cam did start up and recording for a while. Today I started my car again and the cam showed again only the logo and didn't record anything. I couldn't even go to the menu or anything else. But when I start the cam without the car charger, it boots up 4 out of 5 times and I can start recording. Does someone have any idea?
2) Firmware Version shows "V0628031". Whats this? My menu looks like the pictures from jonutzu and I've plate stamp.

Have you done any firmware upgrades ?

niko said:
cyru5 said:
Got me GT300W yesterday. I think its one of the last GT300W produced, before they stopped production.
And I've two problems:
1) I charged up the cam and plugged it to the car charger. First the cam only showed the logo and nothing happend. After some time the cam did start up and recording for a while. Today I started my car again and the cam showed again only the logo and didn't record anything. I couldn't even go to the menu or anything else. But when I start the cam without the car charger, it boots up 4 out of 5 times and I can start recording. Does someone have any idea?
2) Firmware Version shows "V0628031". Whats this? My menu looks like the pictures from jonutzu and I've plate stamp.

No firmware upgrade. Cam came with this firmware.
But I think I will upgrade or flash another firmware, because looks like a firmware problem. Cam hangs sometimes on startup and sometimes it works. Doesn't help to remove SD card or any other tipp here on the forum.
Will upgrade to "V2328031". Should be the same firmware with same features.

cyru5 said:
niko said:
cyru5 said:
And I've two problems:

No firmware upgrade. Cam came with this firmware.
But I think I will upgrade or flash another firmware, because looks like a firmware problem. Cam hangs sometimes on startup and sometimes it works. Doesn't help to remove SD card or any other tipp here on the forum.
Will upgrade to "V2328031". Should be the same firmware with same features.

I guess the same: new firmware needed. But just in case do not try yet latest firmware posted in this thread. Supposable can not revert to older one from that new one. Read this user replay:

Postby jonutzu » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:14 am

I tried the latest FW from SpoKuHin. The interface and menu is kind of different, same menu but different icons.
The date stamp is yellow. Didn't notice improvements in quality.

Problem is i tried to put back older firmware but no succes, the update doesn't start, it just stick with this one. :(

Anyone who wants to downgrade FW:
1. At first you need to flash another loader which released earler.
2. There is two types of firmware files FW96650A.bin and FWA8S711.bin
3. E.g.: after you flash loader04192013 you should use FWA8S711.bin It depends on loader not type of your DVR.
4. You can rename FW-files to take effect.
5. The best FW is DOD LS388W 1307111SC - its make special for China market ( Eng and SC languages only) but AWB is best and all features works perfect.
6. There is my July`13 FW pack - http://files.mail.ru/08D6B0CAD8DD413BBD7BFA86E803EDA1

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried DOD LS388W 1307111SC Firmware now but it doesn't work.
Cam is booting up and I can use mass storage, but when I boot up in normal mode i've to select the language (chin / eng). When I press "ok" the cam freezes. After reset I've the same problem.

Tried also newest tiotech firmware with different menue but cam freezes at boot up (logo).

What to do now? :-/

If you can, return the camera?

What about using a different FW than the ones you used? Go back to original FW?

Thanks for help.
Flashed newstes firmware "V2328031" and then cam booted up without problems.

Recorded several example videos and quality was very blurry and there was also a black dot (looked like a dust corn) in the right lower corner. It was inside the cam or lense, so no chance to clean it.
Talked to FoxOffer via skype and sent an example video to them. Now camera is going back to China for RMA.

Is there any way to activate/deactivate Motion detection by the click of one button?

I am wondering if something go wrong with the firmware update, can user still get free service??
just curious as it seems the firmware sharing of this company seems very active, I don't see any other brand products with such situation.

Hello all,

Im from Germany and I ordered one LS300W PLUS. When I received the cam, I got the first issue. The cam didnt support 32gb SD card and the record loop didnt work (suddenly the card was full....).

I updated the firmware and the problem was solves. BUT now I have another issue. See attachment... all bright reflective surfaces (license plate, clouds and so on) are colorful now.. :(

I changed the firmware now 5times nothing worked..
Another problem is now, that the cam doesnt adopt changes... and it takes almost 30sec. until the cam starts (at the beginning it starts directly...).

When I reduce the brightness, than the effect also reduce.. but then the brightness of the hole screen also reduce...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 32
reviving this thread back from the dead....

I was reading through this thread and noticed some people were able to update the firmware on their dashcams to firmware version V2328031. Where about did anyone find this firmware, and how did you get it working? I have a GT300W, but am having the hardest time upgrading from v0628031 firmware. I have attempted to update the loader (LD966550A.bin) and I have also tried to update the firmware using different revisions FWA8S711.bin, FW966550A.bin and I have also attempted to renaming these firmware files to V2328031.bin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When did you buy your GT300W? If it was last year it probably has different hardware and firmware that the version that is currently for sale.

When did you buy your GT300W? If it was last year it probably has different hardware and firmware that the version that is currently for sale.
Bought it in October of 2013

Hi,

I have a LS300W with Firmware "1305311-SC-2".
What is the latest firmware?

I have a little problem with my recordings because some of them are not deleted. After a month or so it sums up to about 5 not deleted recordings.

Hi,

I have a LS300W with Firmware "1305311-SC-2".
What is the latest firmware?

I have a little problem with my recordings because some of them are not deleted. After a month or so it sums up to about 5 not deleted recordings.
There is probably nothing wrong with your firmware. The likely reason for some of the files not getting deleted is the camera's shock sensor (G-sensor). If you get into an accident the camera senses the shock and saves the current clip. In your case you are probably going over some bump causing the camera to save the given file. If you like, you can go into the menu and reduce the sensitivity of the sensor.

Hi,
i don't think this is the solution because the LS300 doen't have a shock sensor.

I also noticed that the camera hangs up sometimes and the current (maybe till the next motor start?!) recording ist not saved correctly and cannot be read. It's lost.

Maybe this is also affecting me. I have a Sandisk ultra microSD 32GB (the red/grey one).
Numerous owners have indicated that the cameras freeze or hang. A potential solution is to use a different SD card but this does not solve the problem in all instances.

Tried to search for a new sd card. Seems that there is something messed up:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/dod-ls300w-tiotech-gt300w-sd-card-compatibility.1600/

Last edited by a moderator:
Could this be the firmware problem or the hardware?

Have you tried changing to a different firmware to see if that problem goes away? If it stays with the firmware upgrade maybe try a reset settings to default and if it still does it then it sounds like hardware. What are your auto exposure and white balance settings?

Back