Latest firmware for SJ4000 Action Camera

billknow

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Mini 0805, Mini 0806, A118/A118C, G1W-C
Since the SJ4000 Action Camera released, the manufacturer changed the hardware and software, it is not easy for user to judge which firmware is best. FoxOffer try to clarify the confusion about the firmware.

Manufacturer use new LCD screen on April, and use new PCB board recently. The new PCB board solved USB drop-off problem. Also the latest version support AV-out feature for FPV.

The firmware for new LCD can not be used for old LCD version due to the camera use different drive. It will cause white screen if use wrong firmware.

Recently there is latest firmware released for new PCB and new LCD screen, according to some tests, the video quality is improved, but this firmware can not be used for old LCD screen version. So foxoffer asked the manufacturer to provide a new firmware for old LCD screen. Now you can download both version from below links.

1. Latest firmware for new PCB and new LCD screen:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/SJ4000/SJ4000_FW_0605_NEW_PCB.zip

2. Latest firmware for old PCB and old LCD screen:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/SJ4000/SJ4000_FW_0616_OLDPCB_OLDLCD.zip

If the camera firmware is 0324 or previous version, I recommend use the firmware for old LCD screen.

Hello Bill,

Could the manufacturer please release a FW that will make the video quality just right?

Not too sharp, not too soft, has good exposure control and good sound??

Can they release this for all the SJ4000's like the old pcb+old lcd and old pcb+ new lcd versions please?

Please, please ask the manufacturer to release it.

I liked the March FW the best as it is best overall. But ever since I upgraded to June FW for my old pcb+new lcd SJ4000 I can not downgrade back to it and get white screen...

I also have an old lcd+old pcb SJ4000 so please make sure they release a new FW for the old SJ4000 as well please!

Thank you!

Bill,
If they can't make a better firmware then...
Can you ask the manufacturer to at least make a version of the March firmware so it can work again for the old pcb+new lcd SJ4000? I want to downgrade back to it without getting white screen please.

Good day... Can anyone list out any new function inside the latest firmware?
I just bought a new sj4000, firmware version is N201405270ZV01, but not sure is old screen or new screen... is it worth to update to sj400_0714_FW? Do the video quality improved?

Do the latest firmware have more timer option on the "Capture Mode"? currently only 5s, 10s and 20s... that will be great if have faster timer, such as 2s or less... can we give a feedback to the manufacturer to make better SJ4000?

http://dashcamtalk.com/sj4000/#Latest_Firmware
SJ4000_0714_FW.zip
(Version 2 with new screen)
SJ4000_FW_0616_OLDPCB_OLDLCD.zip (Version 1 with old screen)

Last edited:
Back