latest firmware

dave798

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
K1s , Mobius , SG9665GC
I have firmware r158 in my K1s but have come across this site http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/cm4l which is showing a firmware with r180 and wondered if this is the latest firmware and would it be worth updating and what if any gains should i expect to find. does anybody know if this r180 is the latest firmware or if there are any later versions and if so point me in the right direction to download them as the koonlung site isn't much help concerning firmware

last time I looked the "update " you spoke of had a conversion from mph to kph so check carefully.

R180 is the latest version I've seen mentioned, don't think they've done anything beyond that

I there i tried to update my K1s v3 with latest R180 firmware from http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/cm4l but after the upgrade the screen stay white and the unit is no more responsive ...When it starts it sounds and nothing else no display, menu nor video...
Is there a recovery procedure for unbricking ?
Please help

What do you mean by elf firmware? i don't have the original firmware which was embedded but only the K1s.bin i downloaded for the update...

any chance finding that .elf format somewhere online?

Hi Gurus.

New to the dashcams -
Bought an aboiut new K1 from a friend.
How do get the update ( need to change form Mph to Km/h) to the module?

I have firmware r158 in my K1s but have come across this site http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/cm4l which is showing a firmware with r180 and wondered if this is the latest firmware and would it be worth updating and what if any gains should i expect to find. does anybody know if this r180 is the latest firmware or if there are any later versions and if so point me in the right direction to download them as the koonlung site isn't much help concerning firmware

I just installed this firmware. My model came with MPH set as default and I wanted it to be KPH. Mine already had R179 installed so the jump to R180 didn't change anything except the speed units. At least nothing else I can see was changed.

@Raggety you just need to download the firmware at this link and copy the .bin file to your SD card. When you turn on the camera it will ask you if you want to update.

After further investigation. There are some issues with this firmware.

Issue 1:
Split time will always be 5 min. You can change the setting but when you power cycle the device it is reset back to 5 min. This sucks for me as I want small 2 min clips.

Issue 2:
Lock files are getting mixed up. When I press the panic button the currently recording front camera is locked and moved to the 100 folder. But the previous recording of the back camera is also locked. Not the current back camera or the previous front camera. I can only hope that the files have not already been over written before I am able to get them off.

After further investigation. There are some issues with this firmware.

Issue 1:
Split time will always be 5 min. You can change the setting but when you power cycle the device it is reset back to 5 min. This sucks for me as I want small 2 min clips.
I fixed issue 1... Take the card out. turn the camera on set the cycle to what you want turn the camera off. format the card, insert and format it in the machine and it stays set at that time. hastle I know. Mines now set on 1 Min.

Issue 2:
Lock files are getting mixed up. When I press the panic button the currently recording front camera is locked and moved to the 100 folder. But the previous recording of the back camera is also locked. Not the current back camera or the previous front camera. I can only hope that the files have not already been over written before I am able to get them off.
I have not managed to fix this. I just take the card out and copy the whole thing to my drive and delete the ones i don't need checking for rear cameras missing files.

Does anyone know what's new in this one comparing with the r180 one ?

Resurrecting a very old thread... did you ever get an answer to this?

I've just installed my K1S in a new car and flashed to this version, hoping it fixes all woes, especially the occasional recording stopped/started. I can't see any differences in the menu structure. And I got a recording stopped mid-journey yesterday :-(

I've just installed my K1S in a new car and flashed to this version, hoping it fixes all woes, especially the occasional recording stopped/started. I can't see any differences in the menu structure. And I got a recording stopped mid-journey yesterday :-(

try a different memory card, they're pretty fussy about what cards it will work with

Now, I had no answer. From the software point of view it was ok.

The different topic is that ... i abandoned and changed to a different dash cam, since K1S consumed too much money and negative emotions :( Maybe I will write a review on that. The specs are very nice for K1S, when it works it's a nice dashcam, my problem was that ... it was hard to make it work without problems for a longer period of time ...

Thanks for your responses. Yes, the specs are good (or were when I was purchasing a few years ago). But I wouldn't buy again. Fitting is a pain as I need to run five leads from the central unit - although this allows the main camera to be largely invisible and less a theft target. I need regular reformatting of the card to prevent stop/start - although I do this to update speed camera locations. But I really wish I could control the messages and in particular the speed camera warning - it's far too intrusive!

Back