Latest firmware

Blockisle9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
What is the latest firmware and is it worthwhile to upgrade? I’m not sure what mine is now, but I purchased the Camera from Amazon in March.
Mines working fine and I don’t want to mess things up, but I like the fact if there’s a card error beep with the new firmware.
With that said, if turn off voice notifications, will this beep still be heard
Thanks
Lenny

With that said, if turn off voice notifications, will this beep still be heard
Cannot hear beep if you turn off voice notifications!
And suggest that you update its newer firmware, it add USA time format MM/DD/YYYY for option also!

Thanks,
Can you link to it and please explain the best way to update it?
Thanks again
Lenny

Download 20180528s firmware here: http://www.blueskysea-inc.com/down.aspx?TypeId=14&FId=t14:14:14

Firmware Update Instructions
  1. Download the firmware and unzip it. You will find 2 files folder: file names WiFi default ON and WiFi default Off (they are different firmware version, one is for WiFi default on when camera reboot, and the other one is for WiFi default off when camera reboot.)
  2. You will find 2 files in each file folder: file names cardvr_img.bin and default_cfg.bin
  3. Format the SD card in FAT32 format
  4. Copy the file cardvr_img.bin and default_cfg.bin files over to the root directory of the SD card and put the card into the camera.
  5. Power on the camera in the car and the firmware should automatically move onto the camera, leave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to ensure the firmware has updated the camera
  6. Take out the SD card and reformat it
  7. Place the SD card back into the camera
  8. Check the firmware version using the app on your smartphone
  9. If you installed the Default WiFi On firmware, the GREEN LED light should be flashing. If you installed the Default WiFi Off firmware. You can switch between WiFi on and off by pressing and holding the button at the end of the camera for 2-3 seconds.

A question about updating firmware: Can we downgrade back to older firmware?

Where do you download the firmware?
The link posted above just takes me to the homepage and I can't find anywhere on the homepage to download the firmware.

@estore009 Download section for the website is not working. I just checked the other day it was working. I just got another dash cam but I cant download the latest firmware since the page isnt working. Can you have someone look in to that and fix it.

@estore009 Download section for the website is not working. I just checked the other day it was working. I just got another dash cam but I cant download the latest firmware since the page isnt working. Can you have someone look in to that and fix it.
Thanks for the report, will have a look at it then!
And if it is the 20180528s firmware on your camera, no need to update yet!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T B1W 6
Mark S-H B1W 0
P B1W 5
D B1W 45
L B1W 11
Back