Latest FW 24Mbit without flashing + 6Mbit parking guard

pulsarz

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Instead of uploading a modified firmware you can use these scripts by just placing them on your sd card.

Superfine 24Mbit:
Place the autoexec.ash file on the root of your sd card. When you boot it up the superfine setting will be 24Mbit and will stay that way as long as you leave the file on there.

For the parking mode: It'll switch between 6Mbit and 24Mbit on each boot. So when you parked the car you just need to turn it off and on again and it'll record with 6Mbit. When you get back in the car just do the same thing and you'll have 24Mbit back.

The only thing you need to do is place the .ash files in the root of your sd card. The settings will be applied at boot.

https://github.com/pulsarz/mini-0806-autoexec-hacks

2560x1080 30fps, 2304x1296 30fps, 1920x1080 45fps, 1280x720 60fps

24Mbit: 5 hours/64GB
6Mbit: 20 hours/64GB

--- UPDATE 1 ---
I made a tool to generate the autoexec.ash file for any FW. Just run the dump_memory autoexec.ash and then launch the MiniBitratePatcher executable it will first ask for the memory_dump.bin file and then where to save the autoexec.ash file, done.
It only patches all the 18Mbit +-25% VBR's to 24Mbit CBR entrys it finds in the table, dumb but good enough. Feel free to change the source.

https://github.com/pulsarz/MiniBitratePatcher

Attachments

• MiniBitratePatcherAUTOEXECGEN.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thank you for this. I found the newest firmware to be the most stable to me but I was really missing the 24mbit bitrate. Now I get the best of both worlds :)

Nice work.

I see that there are 2 directories on the GitHub repository:
iTracker mini0806-PRO 180116-160216
mini0806 040116

Which should I use on my normal Mini 0806?

Thanks!
For the normal mini you should use "mini0806 040116".
I only added the itracker one because well that's what I bought and I have to say their FW is more stable, and it should be flashable on a regular mini0806 but that's your own risk guys.

For the normal mini you should use "mini0806 040116".
I only added the itracker one because well that's what I bought and I have to say their FW is more stable, and it should be flashable on a regular mini0806 but that's your own risk guys.
the firmwares are almost same but some functions disabled in iT*** version. Maybe less function will be nore stable.
the hardwares are all same so it is ok to use them freely.

Thank you for this. I found the newest firmware to be the most stable to me but I was really missing the 24mbit bitrate. Now I get the best of both worlds :)
Which version of the firmware are you using ? What is this newest firmware you consider most stable... I am new to this, just bought a 0806 and wish to makesure it has the latest stable version.

Thanks.

This hack doesn't seem to work for me. My dash cam produce video files with total bit rate values between 13000 and 19000 kbps, but judging after autoexec.ash comments, bit rate is supposed to be a constant 24 mbps (min/max is set to 1.0).

Are you sure your hack works on all firmware versions? My firmware version is "FW 20160104 V1.02".

This hack doesn't seem to work for me. My dash cam produce video files with total bit rate values between 13000 and 19000 kbps, but judging after autoexec.ash comments, bit rate is supposed to be a constant 24 mbps (min/max is set to 1.0).

Are you sure your hack works on all firmware versions? My firmware version is "FW 20160104 V1.02".
It should work, I based it on the latest version available on the mini0806 site and tested it.. Did you download the file or did you copy-paste it ?

Did you download the file or did you copy-paste it ?
I've downloaded the raw autoexec.ash file and placed it in the root directory of the SD card. The format of this shell script is ASCII text with UNIX end-of-line terminators (LF character at the end of the line). Weather I use your autoexec.ash file or not, the 5-minute video files produced by my dash cam are roughly the same size (between 500 and 700 MB). Furthermore, the explorer reports variable total bit rate values far less than 24 mbit. Could it be that explorer reports total bit rates after compression while your configuration refers to the bit rate before compression?

Can you confirm that your firmware reports the same version as mine? The mini 0806 cam was delivered to me with this firmware version and I'm not entirely sure they used an unaltered version downloaded from mini0806 site.

Nice work.
Is it suitable for mini 0826?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried both autoexec.ash files , both had no effect on my 0806.
After replacing factory default firmware "FW 20160104 V1.02" with the one created by Nigel, superfine bit rate was increased to 24 Mbit. :)

I tried both autoexec.ash files , both had no effect on my 0806.
After replacing factory default firmware "FW 20160104 V1.02" with the one created by Nigel, superfine bit rate was increased to 24 Mbit. :)
I'll try to test it again this week, but honestly I've been using the latest itracker fw version and haven't had any problems for the past 3 months at all at 24Mbit, considering I see so many reports about the "official" fw being unstable at times..
But I could look at it if you run the dump_memory autoexec and upload the memdump.bin file it created, for any FW .. not much work.

I was bored so.. I made a tool to generate the autoexec.ash file for any FW. Just run the dump_memory autoexec.ash and then launch the MiniBitratePatcher executable it will first ask for the memory_dump.bin file and then where to save the autoexec.ash file, done.
It only patches all the 18Mbit +-25% VBR's to 24Mbit CBR entrys it finds in the table, dumb but good enough. Feel free to change the source.

https://github.com/pulsarz/MiniBitratePatcher

Attachments

• MiniBitratePatcherAUTOEXECGEN.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 19
Make a recording and then on your pc right click the file go to properties and details, you'll see the bitrate there

Your EXE works very well.

I have attached autoexec.ash modified by your EXE for the May 07 2016 firmware from mini0806.com. I can confirm i took a test sample clip and windows reports the bitrate 23.96mbps.

Thanks!

Attachments

• autoexec.zip
    304 bytes · Views: 39
Hi,
It is great to have the opportunity to set the bit rate. Thank you Pulsarz.
I was looking for more details in order to understand which value should I set in autoexec.ash if I want 65Mbit/s
I understand 0x41c0 corresponds to 24Mbit/s. What's 65Mbit/s?

Also, I was wondering, how to set the video resolution and fps to 2304x1296 30fps (I want this resolution by default because it provides more vertical resolution and it is easier to read the number plates).
for theXiaomiYi cam, it is something like that in the autoexec.ash: writeb 0xC0697626 0x02.
0xC0697626 is the address to write 0x02 which is the mode for 2304x1296 30fps.
What would be these parameters for the mini0608?

Thanks in advance,

Rumat

Hi,
It is great to have the opportunity to set the bit rate. Thank you Pulsarz.
I was looking for more details in order to understand which value should I set in autoexec.ash if I want 65Mbit/s
I understand 0x41c0 corresponds to 24Mbit/s. What's 65Mbit/s?

Also, I was wondering, how to set the video resolution and fps to 2304x1296 30fps (I want this resolution by default because it provides more vertical resolution and it is easier to read the number plates).
for theXiaomiYi cam, it is something like that in the autoexec.ash: writeb 0xC0697626 0x02.
0xC0697626 is the address to write 0x02 which is the mode for 2304x1296 30fps.
What would be these parameters for the mini0608?

Thanks in advance,

Rumat
What system are you going to use for your liquid nitrogen cooling?

I wouldn't bother, if it worked then it would fill a 64GB card in a little over an hour and the increase in quality from 24 would be hard to see, unless you are going to be driving under trees at over 100kph, and even then it wont make license plates easier to read. If you run at over 24Mb/s then you are risking the life of your battery on hot summer days.

The best resolution for licence plates is the default 2560x1080, and don't forget to zoom in if you are viewing full width on an HD monitor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mini 0806 1
RavenManiac Mini 0806 0
S Mini 0806 22
Back