LDWS and FCWS problem

Terry Griggs

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, I just got my Marcus 4 last week, and am not able to make the LDWS or FCWS work.

It had 4.2G which I updated to 4.7G but it did not help.

I may be doing something wrong, but reading the instructions, I activated the functions, then when it turned on, the Red Line with the what looks like a tapering road is on the display (for around 30 secs).

What I did is alter the physical angle of the M4, till the Red Line was on the Horizon, with the Lane Lines pointing straight ahead. (with 4.2G firmware).

I found that when a car came up alongside, it would flash the FCWS, and nothing when coming up behind another car.
And it does nothing when changing lanes at all.

After flashing to 4.7G, neither work, and the screen has a Red line and a Box on the screen all the time.

Do they work for anyone else? or am I doing something wrong?
I am still awaiting an answer from VicoVision.

The Over Speed does work for me.

Regards

Terry

The function is more of a gimmick than anything really useful, I suspect it's the marketing department and not the technical department that decided this was a good idea

Can't say I can recall anyone who tried it that actually uses it still

Thanks jokiin,

I would like to get it working, as the Lane departure warning worked well on a Mini 0803 that I had previously.

Also am I setting it up correctly? and are there any updated instructions available for the new Firmware that you know of?

Many Thanks

Terry

To All,

I contacted VicoVation directly and they were most helpful.

They sent me a Beta copy of 4.8G and it works great.

Regards

Terry

My view on these things if you need these to drive.
YOU NEED YOUR LICENSE TAKING AWAY. YOUR EYEBALLS AND BRAIN IN YOUR HEAD ARE FOR THAT

Hi Robert,
I never said I needed these functions to drive, I just said that they DID NOT WORK for me! and was asking for help.
And it was VicoVation that helped me, by sending the Updated Firmware that works.
I believe that if these functions are advertised as available, they should work!
FYI, I have been driving my 308GTS for 29 years now, but I don't switch of my brain to tech ideas/improvements.

Terry

308 GTS/GTB the only red Italian i have driven :cool:
And you are right Terry, if it is advertised it should work.

Back