LDWS

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is LDWS supposed to be working? It is in the menu, I can turn it on but other than rectangle on the screen, it does nothing. Occasionally the rectangle changes colors and two diagonal lines appear but that's about it.
It also doesn't stick between reboots.

@Rayman.Chan Am I missing something? Also, nothing in the manual.
IMG_20160419_192811.jpg

to be fair LDWS sucks on all cameras, nothing to do with this camera in particular, integrated into the vehicle electronics is the only way to have it work correctly

I did turn mine on and was impressed by the coloured lines, I think it might warn you with the line colours when you depart from your lane, only problem is that I am never closely studying the tiny screen at the time I need a warning so I'm not sure if it works or not!

If it does work then it is currently useless as a lane departure warning.

I agree that it is mostly useless. So the question is: Why even have it? Disable it and use the menu space for something more useful.

I agree that it is mostly useless. So the question is: Why even have it? Disable it and use the menu space for something more useful.

precisely why you don't see it in our products even though it's something the chipset offers (note I said offers, rather than supports), it's pointless marketing fluff

we are a small company we have to listen what the customers want.
when the customers asking why you don't have this function but *** have it - no we can't accept this, you will know why we spend many energy to achieve LDWS on Novatek; even most Novatek cameras don't have this.

I understand that you want to please (some) customers. However, the way it works now is completely useless - the screen only notification is barely visible when the screen is on and obviously not visible when the screen is off.
I would guess that 99.9% of users drive with display off (the default timeout is 10 secs.?)

our engineer told 96655 can't play tones when recording that is why we added a buzzer which should make some alarm for LDWS.
we will road test that more times

Back