Learner driver almost gets taken out.

PeterT

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Cobra CDR 840, and sometimes iPhone 5s with car cam app
Nervouse learner almost has a head on with impatient driver. Seriously I just don't get it. Also BMW driver doing the usual aggressive driving we come to expect from them. mmmm Sometimes I wish I had a laser cannon on my car, like ones fitted to the dune buggies in Megaforce! :)

that isuzu driver was scary. hard braking in the middle of a turn is the fastest way to spin out. that's one of the first things you learn in performance driving school - get all your braking done before you start turning the steering wheel. he wasn't racing, but in a vehicle with a high center of gravity, mushy suspension and balloon tires like that, he might as well have been. lucky he didn't wipe out.

that isuzu driver was scary. hard braking in the middle of a turn is the fastest way to spin out. that's one of the first things you learn in performance driving school - get all your braking done before you start turning the steering wheel. he wasn't racing, but in a vehicle with a high center of gravity, mushy suspension and balloon tires like that, he might as well have been. lucky he didn't wipe out.
You're dead right which is why I gave him a wide berth after the first braking incident . I could'nt jam on because I also drive a car with a high center of gravity. Flipping scary stuff. My wife was climbing out of her seat lol!!!!

Last edited:
i wish i'd had a camera in the car the first time i took my wife onto the track with me. she was stomping her imaginary brake pedal, holding onto the seatbelt and door handle for dear life. even though she had a clear view of the turns as they came up, she was still surprised by them and was bouncing left and right rather than bracing herself properly (factory 3-point seat belts, no harnesses)

i wish i'd had a camera in the car the first time i took my wife onto the track with me. she was stomping her imaginary brake pedal, holding onto the seatbelt and door handle for dear life. even though she had a clear view of the turns as they came up, she was still surprised by them and was bouncing left and right rather than bracing herself properly (factory 3-point seat belts, no harnesses)
LOL! That would have been epic to see! hehehe My wife would be screaming hehehehe

Back