Leased Vehicle

Coldfire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

My first time here. First off have to say I love this site. So helpful.
I'm shopping around for a dash cam, and I'm really liking A118-C Capacitor Edition Car DVR Camera Recorder.

The issue is, that my vehicle is leased, and I don't know if having the sticky mount would be an issue; when I turn it in. Has anyone ran into that situation yet?

I know that extreme temperatures could cause the adhesive to melt and make it impossible to remove. I had something like that happen to me on one of my older cars.

Or maybe someone could suggest another cam?
  • Looking for about $100 US D
  • High quality day
  • pretty good night
  • looping
  • G-Shock
  • Reliable

Thanks for the help.

The issue been up in here a fjew times, there is no need to fear the mounts that glue on with dualsided tape.
True it stick pretty well to the windscreen, but its allso not that hard to remove again.
Okay maybe if the sticky mount have been cooking for a while in death vally, but what i experience up here in little old Denmark is not that bad.
Okay we dont get death vally temperatures here, but in a good summer we can get a fjew weeks with temperatures around 30 degrees ( C ).

O and welcome to the forum Coldfire.

How long you plan to leas ?
With rented cars if I mount Street Guardian SG9665GC I use special precut clear plastic film ( comes along with accessories ) to be applied to windshield and after that stick mount with 3M adhesive to that plastic film. Very convenient solution to quickly mount/dismount without any issues.

B40 A118 does not come with that clear plastic film but you can try to use also most mobile phones screen protectors.

How long you plan to leas ?
With rented cars if I mount Street Guardian SG9665GC I use special precut clear plastic film ( comes along with accessories ) to be applied to windshield and after that stick mount with 3M adhesive to that plastic film. Very convenient solution to quickly mount/dismount without any issues.

B40 A118 does not come with that clear plastic film but you can try to use also most mobile phones screen protectors.

I have 2 years left on my lease. I'm willing to change to a different cam, but it can't be $200. I know you get what you pay for, but that is a bit rich for me.

The issue been up in here a fjew times, there is no need to fear the mounts that glue on with dualsided tape.
True it stick pretty well to the windscreen, but its allso not that hard to remove again.
Okay maybe if the sticky mount have been cooking for a while in death vally, but what i experience up here in little old Denmark is not that bad.
Okay we dont get death vally temperatures here, but in a good summer we can get a fjew weeks with temperatures around 30 degrees ( C ).

O and welcome to the forum Coldfire.

Thanks kamkar1,
Now I just need to find the right cam.

The authentic black 3M VHB tape (found on all on Street Guardian products) uses surface tension rather than actual "glue" so it's quite easy to remove completely when your lease is up. Just use the included special string to saw between the glass and mount.

Is the mini 0806 a decent unit? Or should I stick with one of the others?

I wouldn't worry about it, any dealership could get the mount off if you fail to, but even then I don't think you would. There are too many DIY tools out there for one to fail at it.

Or get a suction cup mount, my walmart knockoff came with one instead of glue tape, so I have it mounted u behind my rear view mirror on the passengers side in my small Ford Ranger pickup.
I just ordered a XMas special on the 0805 from gearbest, waiting on it to get here so I can see how to mount it. I personally prefer suction cup mounts as I remove items when I need to, like my flashing lights & radar detector.
The other issue for me is the Ford has a bumpy type of upper screen filter on the windshield, sort of like tinting. So while I have no issue with medium to large suction cups, some super small cups or tape doesnt stick. I have issues with my state ezpass tape not staying stuck.

And depending on where you are in NC Coldfire, my family lives down near Raleigh, I dont think you'll see such scorching temps as to destroy the lipo battery. Well, unless you park it straight on into the sun & are closer to SC's border. I avoid parking straight on into the sun here in Delaware in the summer, but its another reason I prefer suction cups so I can pop the camera out & put it behind my sunshade.

Back