Left hand or right hand micro USB plug?

bostondriver

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0805
If one wanted the cord from the base to go up towards the upper edge of the windscreen, would one want to use a right angle or left angle micro USB plug? I'm looking for a direct wire kit and I'm confused as all get-out as to which one I should order. The idea, of course, would be to run the cord up to the top edge of the windscreen, then down the left A-pillar and thence to the fuse box, which is on the left-hand side of the dashboard, to tap into switched +12.

Thanks in advance! :D

If one wanted the cord from the base to go up towards the upper edge of the windscreen, would one want to use a right angle or left angle micro USB plug? I'm looking for a direct wire kit and I'm confused as all get-out as to which one I should order. The idea, of course, would be to run the cord up to the top edge of the windscreen, then down the left A-pillar and thence to the fuse box, which is on the left-hand side of the dashboard, to tap into switched +12.

Thanks in advance! :D
While I'm sure there's a correct definition of right/left angle my experience is it can vary by supplier. Best to determine what you want it to do and then only buy from a source that shows pictures of the actual product - don't rely on the right/left/up/down name.

Edit: By way of example here's a couple of product images I grabbed from different suppliers where the physical characteristics of right/left/up/down are the exact opposite.

right-left-up-down1.jpg

right-left-up-down2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. I guess I'll just have to try to sort it out from the pictures, and risk getting it wrong anyway. :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mtz Mini 0805 123
Back