Left hand/Right handed drivers.

donaldghtan

Reaction score
Hi All, :D
I have just got back from a test for the F900L HD DOD Original , driving around in Klang, Shah Alam, Malaysia.
My first feeling was wondering whether this types of dash cams were firstly built for left hand drivers? :cry:
Positioning of the rotatable viewfinder places the camera upside down when placed at the right hand driving position.
And that makes getting to the minute buttons/menus/mode/toggle a hassle, clicking the wrong ones most of the time.
The daytime temperature here in Malaysia is to the extreme and getting concerned how it would affect the unit is
getting to be a burden. :oops:
The image quality is excellent. :lol:
Next, would be my worst nightmare. :shock: As a videographer using Sony Vegas editing programme, the MOV files gets booted off
just like that! The HD files I work is in M2ts/ AVCHD and Apples MOV doesn't see eye to eye. Sadly I do not use an i-phone
thus not having Quicktime to help. Video converters?... trying to find one. Does anyone know whether Windows 7 let us play and
edit MOV files easily?
Thanlk you.
btw...how long can we clean the lens of the F900? I need to do that 6 to 8 times before I start shooting. My paw prints are all over the lens.
Thank you and any advice are most welcome and appreciated
Cheers

Hi donaldghtan,

Congratulations on your new F900LHD! You are probably right that the camera is designed for left hand drivers. The biggest market right now for dash cams is Russia and they are left hand drivers. Also many electronics are designed for the US market (left hand drive) given its large size. I wouldn't worry too much about the buttons since once you have it set up the way you like it, you rarely need to use the interface. You will "set it and forget it".

The F900LHD has been pretty reliable in high heat / cold climates so I think it will be fine especially if you have air conditioning in your car.

As for video editing, I thought Sony Vegas could edit .MOV files if you have the latest version Quicktime installed on your PC (no need for a MAC). Another alternative is to use a convertor program such as MP4Cam2AVI or Squared 5. You can convert to AVI and edit with Sony Vegas or Windows Movie Maker.

Not sure why you need to clean the lens so much...I rarely clean the lens on my dash cam.

Good Luck
Dash Cam Man

Back