legal to use non audio dash cam in massachusetts?

itsmyright

Reaction score
My son and I were recently in an auto accident and were fortunate the other driver was honest and admitted to losing control and hitting our cat that was stopped on the side of the road. The damage to my car looks like I hit her and I am so fortunate she admitted fault. But this made me realize most people who cause accidents are not usually honest and try to blame the other party. I bought a dash cam to use only the video part and not record sound just in case we get into another accident and I can have proof of what really happened. However, I have also read about recent changes in laws protecting others from being video taped and voice recorded without their permission. I want to protect myself but need to be sure that what I am doing is legal in Massachusetts. Thanks!!

itsmyright said:
My son and I were recently in an auto accident and were fortunate the other driver was honest and admitted to losing control and hitting our cat that was stopped on the side of the road. The damage to my car looks like I hit her and I am so fortunate she admitted fault. But this made me realize most people who cause accidents are not usually honest and try to blame the other party. I bought a dash cam to use only the video part and not record sound just in case we get into another accident and I can have proof of what really happened. However, I have also read about recent changes in laws protecting others from being video taped and voice recorded without their permission. I want to protect myself but need to be sure that what I am doing is legal in Massachusetts. Thanks!!

It would probably be best if you lived the rest of your life in fear.
Police officers have a right to feel safe when they are violating your rights; it doesn't matter if the Constitution is ripped up for toilet paper :)

Back