Lens comparison : Original vs Gearbest (IR filter)

wakodaf

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hi guys ! I loaned camera with original lens(NO IR FILTER) from my friend and make comparison footage with my xiaomi with lens from gearbest(IR FILTER). I think i focus my camera better then his so check it out and tell me what u think. I like his blue sky maybe little more then my but there is no IR filter...

I think without is better because you see more details and ;ight is less blocked. But indeed the sky looks better on the one with IR but overal i would use 1 without a IR lens.

...refocus the camera with IR set saturation, vibrance, gamma, blacklight, highlight and noise via script and you will have a perfect video with Gearbest lens.
making footages against sun the you will see much more positive difference to the one without filter(no white shadows, no color points), i also tested long time with IR and without filter compared the pictures and videos and with the right script settings the lens from gearbest gives me perfect results.

...refocus the camera with IR set saturation, vibrance, gamma, blacklight, highlight and noise via script and you will have a perfect video with Gearbest lens.
making footages against sun the you will see much more positive difference to the one without filter(no white shadows, no color points), i also tested long time with IR and without filter compared the pictures and videos and with the right script settings the lens from gearbest gives me perfect results.

really think its badly focused ? :( i had no hdmi cable so i was taking pictures after pictures make this result(took me lots of time)
i have not much time to fix it because am going to thailand this saturaday :( could u help me with script that u use ?

no they dont but people advertise its works

I would think they have different lenses that perhaps have different IR cut profiles but if you've ever seen one of these used with no IR filter the picture is not usable, there would be an IR filter on both lens types, not sure where this no IR filter talk started

IR filters are in both versions of camera, but the 23L have it not on lens maybe after that!
You can see it if you look at both lenses after you have expanded!
Because of that you have white shadows and lila paint stains filming against sun. Too much unfiltered light on the sensor!
You can test both lenses filming a switching IR remote control and you will see an great difference, 23L is not filtering the whole IR beams.
The versions before also have the filters on lens, in 23L they changed!

...her is my working 2k 35mbps (modified bitrate firmware) script for IR lens from gearbest, test if it corresponds to your request. I have best results of watching quality with quicktime player, VLC for me has bad quality!
in the script are also lines for higher bitrates working with my micro sd, test if working with your micro sd without file splitting.
I do not know if the lowbatt line takes effect, also the JPEG quality line i mean takes no effect, perhaps someone a solution for setting quality of fotos.

mfg
gente

Attachments

• new_autoexec.ash.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 18
IR filters are in both versions of camera, but the 23L have it not on lens maybe after that!
Because of that you have white shadows and lila paint stains filming against sun. Too much unfiltered light on the sensor!
You can test both lenses filming a switching IR remote control and you will see an great difference, 23L is not filtering the whole IR beams.

...her is my working 2k 35mbps (modified bitrate firmware) script for IR lens from gearbest, test if it corresponds to your request. I have best results of watching quality with quicktime player, VLC for me has bad quality!
in the script are also lines for higher bitrates working with my micro sd, test if working with your micro sd without file splitting.
I do not know if the lowbatt line takes effect, also the JPEG quality line i mean takes no effect, perhaps someone a solution for setting quality of fotos.

mfg
gente

It will work only for 2k 30 fps settings? Others are untouched? Just copy and paste autoexe to sd card?

Last edited:

have no doubt that they are different but they will just have different IR cut frequencies but they would both have IR cut, get yourself a lens without any IR filter and change it over and you'll see, the picture will be unusable during the day

It will work only for 2k 30 fps settings? Others are untouched? Just copy and paste autoexe to sd card?
it work for all settings!!! Just copy and paste or unzip and rename to autoexec.ash!

here a video i took for a few minutes with focussed IR lens and my autoexec script setting 2k 35mbits (please set quality to 1080p HD):

the right script settings the lens from gearbest gives me perfect results.

True story, I also swaped the stock lens of my 23L with one of those spare lenses of Gearbest. Quality is much better.

Has anyone got a link to these lenses?

It will work only for 2k 30 fps settings? Others are untouched?
it work for all settings!!! Just copy and paste or unzip and rename to autoexec.ash!

here a video i took for a few minutes with focussed IR lens and my autoexec script setting 2k 35mbits (please set quality to 1080p HD):

so i try it and if its outside its looks ok but inside its really noisy. If its fhd 60 fps its around 25000 kbps, if u i use 30 fps droped to the 12000 kbps ...look at it :

@wakodaf...the Video Inside looks good..but Outside..when the Kamera swing is the Quality not good..noisy..i have the Gearbest ir filter to...sorry for bad english..German Shool English...;-)

...if to noisy inside change the value that line to 2048 or higher:
#noise reduction 0:no reduction(noisy but sharper)/16383:full noise reduction(no noise but less sharp)
t ia2 -adj tidx -1 2048 -1

Back