[Lens] Finding lens for Gitup G2p

montho

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Hello everyone
Recently i made a crash with the g2p so now there is a big mark on the lens and it makes the video blurry at the mark position eventually (everything else still work fine )
I read some old post and searched on the web, thinking that i will need a f2.5 m12 lens. I don't know if i should look for the same lens or can i put other lens on the g2p ( i think i saw on youtube that someone put gopro 4 lens on gitup a while ago ... but i think it is the git2 but not the git2p)
And another thing that i don't see any g2p lens on the gitup website so i think i will have to look somewhere else
Can you guys give me suggestions, thanks for reading.

i think i saw on youtube that someone put gopro 4 lens on gitup a while ago
Best to go for the original Gitup lens, the GoPro lens will work, but will give the wrong colours and the EIS stabilisation is not correctly calibrated for the different lens distortion. I'm not convinced the GoPro lens is better anyway, it is in some ways but overall it has a few issues.

@nutsey thank you, now i know i can safely get that lens on the website
@Nigel thanks for letting me know that, i only remember that the gopro lens is somehow less yellow than the gitup
And i saw a lot of cheaper lens on amazon, ebay, some market in our country. Should it be wise if i even get the lens from those market (i mean i can save some money)
Another thing is there are deals for used g2p around 40 dollars to 50 dollars sometimes, used g3 duo is around 75 dollars to 100 dollars, no clue of the F1 new or used .. i haven't seen any one talk about it or post video from it in my country.
If it takes too much money than i think i may have to leave it (30 dollars + tax when shipping to my place) and move to another camera.
I still like g2p...mostly because of the EIS, but do you guys think the g3 or f1 will provide better eis (sorry if i asking way too much)

Should it be wise if i even get the lens from those market (i mean i can save some money)
There is a good chance that you will not be happy with the colour, or the stabilisation, or it will not focus, or the image will not be big enough to cover the sensor, etc.

If you have the money to play with many cheap lenses then it is fine to try others, but I don't recommend it as a way to save money.

I still like g2p...mostly because of the EIS, but do you guys think the g3 or f1 will provide better eis (sorry if i asking way too much)
I like the G3, the EIS is better because it corrects more axis, but it depends on what you are using it for. For hand held it is definitely better, if you have it mounted on an aircraft I guess you won't see much difference in the EIS, although it does have a better sensor with better colour and more dynamic range. G3 is a nice upgrade, but it is also bigger and heavier so be careful if it has to fit on an existing mount, the Git2 is still a good camera.

You buy the F1 for the shape/size, or if you need the 4K detail. Generally colour etc is better on the G3, but the G3 has 1080 detail, not 4K detail.

The Git2 has the best sound, the G3 is OK but can't do stereo, F1 is relatively poor sound quality.

Thanks for giving me an overview
I'm going to do some off road biking so eis is really important to me
For the gitup g2p, the eis did decent on asphalt/concrete if i use chest mount... Rougher terrain gives weird results, sometimes it stable sometimes it not that stable (i still doing test until the lens damaged)
And for the lens, i will have to calculate the final cost (retail + tax) and consider it, if there is a good deal for the g3 then i think i may make a camera change rather than lens changing

Back