Lens focus issue - cant turn lens

Chokobanana

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello,
I just received a Yii Camera, model Z23L which also has the lens problem.
I watched several YouTube movies on how to fix the issue, and also read several posts here.

I believe I have successfully removed the glue that holds the lens in place (there were 3 places that had to be removed). However, no matter how much force I apply, I am unable to turn the lens either clockwise or counter-clockwise at all.

What have I missed? I am trying to turn the ring outside of the glas. It's extremely firm and does not move.
I'm attaching a photo from every angle. I used a cutter and removed as much glue as I could, now I'm peeling off the black plastic ..

DSC_0540.JPG DSC_0541.JPG DSC_0542.JPG DSC_0543.JPG

looks like your glue was not the "hotsnot" type, but the "oh-you're-screwed" type.

Have you tried applying heat to it at all? A heatgun would definitely help but I usually just use a hair dryer which does enough!

Wow! It worked :D I am actually quite shocked! I tried to turn it with all the musclepower I had - and I'm not that weak! :rolleyes: It just would not move at all! Then I applied some heat with our hairdryer for 15-20 seconds or so and it turned immediately. with very little force. Oh yeah! Now I'm excited! :cool:

Back