Lens Module / Faulty Dashcam

Alan Collinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801, 808 #16, F900 fake, DM TransVu Express
I just wrecked my cheapo, unbranded dashcam by trying to adjust the focus on the lens. When I power it up now I get the 'Welcome screen' displayed with "Sensor Fail" overlayed onto it. It's a half decent camera so if I can get hold of a replacement lens module I reckon I'll be able to get it working again. So if you've got a dashcam that won't record / has a faulty screen / won't power up I would be really keen to talk in more detail about it. I don't mind paying a few pounds for a suitable lens module.

I should have explained better. The lens itself screws onto a sub-circuit board which contains the CCD sensor and a few miniature electronic components. This sub-board connects to the main board with a short ribbon cable. I suspect that the problem is with this sub-board and I also suspect that other cheapo cameras use the same sub-board.

Thanks for your input.

I know they're not all the same but if I can get hold of a similar module it's worth trying it.

I know they're not all the same but if I can get hold of a similar module it's worth trying it.

anyone that might have something suitable would need to know what you actually have, a bunch of models listed in your profile so not clear which you have that is broken, even the same looking products are very often different internally when dealing with this generic stuff

This is the actual dashcam:

Camera.jpg

Like I say, I don't mind paying a few pounds for either the whole camera or just the lens module and ribbon cable.

yeah I would have gladly sent it to you, the lens and sensor was fine, just the rest of it that had issues

Ah well, hopefully somebody else will be able to help. Thanks anyway, it's always nice to get some input to a thread like this.

It's been over 2 months since I started this post so I hope nobody minds if i bump it. ;)

I'm still looking for a lens module for this camera or a complete non-working camera that I can remove the lens module from.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Wanted 3
Paul White Wanted 5
Error7 Wanted 3
Back