LENSPEN for Dashcam Lens cleaning ( Invisible Carbon )

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Lenspen Selection 2.jpg

DIRTY vs CLEAN Dashcam Lens comparison CLICK HERE.

If you try to remove a fingerprints from lens with an optical cloth or tissue, in most cases you will find that the fingerprints start to smear. This is because fibres in cloth or tissues simply do not absorb fingerprints oils quickly enough or completely enough to get the lens surface entirely clean. One option is to use professional DSLR Lens Cleaning Kit which consist of special lens cleaning liquid, brush, cloth / tissues, etc., or you can use a LENSPEN.

Lenspen FAQ HERE.

My personal review:

Video review in Russian language:

Video review in Netherlands / Dutch language:

Video review in Arabic language:

Features:

Safe for all lenses, including multi-coated surfaces, GoPro Hero lens, other action- and Dashcameras, Digital Cameras, UV, MCUV, FLD, CPL, Polarizing Lenses & Filters, camcorders, binoculars, telescopes, microscopes, rifle scopes, night vision and more...
  • Unique cleaning compound ( invisible carbon ) will not spill or dry out.
  • Handy, high quality retractable cleaning brush.
  • Environmentally friendly and non-toxic.
  • Long Life: 500 plus uses
  • No messy liquids require, cloth, or tissues !

How to use:
  • Remove dust particles from lens surface with convenient retractable brush.
  • Remove cap and wipe the surface with smooth circular motions of the unique flexible cleaning tip. If some smudges persist, breathe gently on the surface to be cleaned and repeat the process.
  • Replace the cap over the tip and give the cap half a twist. Twisting the cap replenishes the unique cleaning pad.
  • Please Note: Lens pen Products are designed specifically for optical lenses. Do not use on wet surfaces. Please carefully observe the instructions for use.

Last edited:
For dashcams and action cams, I use the version made for phones: Lenspen CellKlear CK-1-S

Fits the very curved wide angle lenses better, is a lot cheaper than the full sized versions - £2, and cleans just as well.

It is worth getting the proper Lenspen version, the cheap lens pens of all sizes will give maybe 10 good cleans instead of 500!

For dashcams and action cams, I use the version made for phones: Lenspen CellKlear CK-1-S

Fits the very curved wide angle lenses better, is a lot cheaper than the full sized versions - £2, and cleans just as well.

It is worth getting the proper Lenspen version, the cheap lens pens of all sizes will give maybe 10 good cleans instead of 500!
Just ordered on Amazon. Thanks!

I've been carrying a make-up brush in my DSLR backpack for years - works just as good.

I've never been a fan of lens cleaning fluids. They leave smears. Yes I know you're supposed to use as little as possible. They still smear unless you wipe the lens aggressively after. Which I won't.
Microfibre cloths - also a disappointment. When they appeared they promised to act like magic. Decades later, they're still failing to deliver. Why do we still believe in them?

A blower is good.
Next step a clean, clean, clean brush. Did I mention it needs to be clean?

Other things I like are Visible Dust products and Calliope Opti Clean (great stuff that you apply to a lens then peel off, but has long since been discontinued. This is similar.)
But these are possibly overkill for a dashcam lens. The Lenspens are something I've always had around and used occasionally and I think they'd be good for dashcams. My only concern would be if the lenses have coatings that might be less robust than on 'real' lenses, so gentle and sparing use would probably be sensible.

I've been handling high end optics professionally for decades and the ONLY optical cleaning product worth using is ROR mist. (Residual Oil Remover)
Nothing else compares. All else is hobbyist garbage as far as I am concerned.

Cleaning technique is another topic entirely but stay far away from microfiber cloths as they will collect fine grit and cause micro abrasions. What is required is high quality, lint free lens tissue or very high thread count cotton lint free fabric. In other words, a lint free, absolutely clean, absorbent cloth, not synthetic non-absorbent microfiber cloth. Use a puffer or compressed air to remove dust before applying fluids. NEVER clean a dry lens.

http://www.ror.net/

http://www.ror.net/company/about-ror/

RORmist.jpg

Last edited:
I bought one of these, at the price why not?
I was not prepared for how small it is!!!

LenspenCellklearMobius.jpg

I actually think this is better suited to a dashcam than a cellphone. Cellphones tend to have a flat glass protective layer that you can clean with any decent cloth (look at what they go through!)

I bought one of these, at the price why not?
I was not prepared for how small it is!!!
Yes, I keep loosing mine, once you put them down they are hard to find again!

Looks an ideal size for the Mobius though :)

Hi guys, just find big fingerprint on my lens after reading around many likes Lenspen CellKlear, anyone have experience with
LensPen New DSLR Pro Camera Cleaning Kit, NDSLRK-1 ? https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0081ER9KG Is it safe for my Street Guardian with Filter and couple Dahua's security cams around the house.? Thanks

Back