Let Sanity prevail !

old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
I expect more of this mindless crap simply because the legal system is not addressing road safety adequately from Cop to Court to Jail where a large percentage of today's drivers should be spending some of their time :( When the government will not adequately address society's problems, the people will do that for themselves, and anarchy will be the result :eek: I can do without that.

Phil

Yeah, as seen around the world if people are left to fend for them self then anarchy happen pretty fast, and not forgetting some countries where anarchy like conditions and behavior seem to be the norm.
And not forgetting us developed countries where some preach anarchy, not knowing that if they got their wish then ( nickname for cat plural ) like them would be the first to get buried.
Where i live there are people that nourish a intense hate to just about anything in Danish society, and it make me wonder why if they hate so much are they not kicked out, or at least the coffer closed for them cuz you can be sure its not people working or under education.

Also saw in the news there have been yet another lead lobbing disagreement in Arkansas. :(

Well the latest news: The chickenpoop excuse of a man who did this has turned himself in to the Cops and is being charged with murder. From that news report also was a description of what happened: Two lanes merge into one, with the left lane which he was in ending, so it was up to him to yield but he didn't.

Dashmellow beat me to it ^^^^ Article above.

Phil

"6-feet 2-inches tall, weighing 250 pounds" good thing they dident come gunning for me with those measurements that pretty much fit me perfect, but i can prove i was in Denmark the whole time :D

Over here in Australia i always thought that the Driver in the lane that was merging/ending had to give way ... but apparently it is the Vehicle that has its nose in front has right of way. Strange but true.

My Sister is in the hunt for a Man ... and consults her Bro ... that's me.

I tell her to let him take her somewhere and see how he Drives and treats other Drivers.

You can always tell what a person is like ... by the way they drive ... and with you in the passenger seat.
For example - do they appear to take extra care because they are responsible for your safety?
Are the take offs, stops and going around corners smooth and easy to make the journey more comfortable and enjoyable for their passengers?

Over here in Australia i always thought that the Driver in the lane that was merging/ending had to give way ... but apparently it is the Vehicle that has its nose in front has right of way. Strange but true...
Now that is a sure fire way to encourage aggressive driving. Politicians performing at their best. :(

The idea behind the merging, ie, nose in front has right of way ... is to keep the traffic in the merging lane moving ... rather than having to stop because the lane they are merging into is busy ... it does kinda make sense

The idea behind the merging, ie, nose in front has right of way ... is to keep the traffic in the merging lane moving ... rather than having to stop because the lane they are merging into is busy ... it does kinda make sense
I can understand the logic behind the argument but the real world effect would be that everyone pushes ahead so their nose is in front and they get the advantage.

You get that for sure ... and then there are those like me ... who believes that because I am the one entering the main freeway from a secondary road ... that it is me who should back off ... you get that too. Often a Driver seeing you wanting to merge will move over to the next lane to let you in.

I guess there's always us Aussies are more courteous towards one another ... we could just go with that? You in? ;D

Not to mention the people who drive 45 mph all the way up the 1/4 mile ramp and expect to merge into 75 mph traffic because their nose is ahead and feel they should have the right of way.

It should always be the responsibility of the vehicle in the lane that is ending to merge safely or stop if unable to. Expecting the vehicle in the open lane to yield creates more of an impediment for the following traffic and encourages unsafe behavior.

KuoH

I can understand the logic behind the argument but the real world effect would be that everyone pushes ahead so their nose is in front and they get the advantage.

...It should always be the responsibility of the vehicle in the lane that is ending to merge safely or stop if unable to. Expecting the vehicle in the open lane to yield creates more of an impediment for the following traffic and encourages unsafe behavior....
Traffic regulations in all states that I'm familiar with it's a matter of law that the merging vehicles, or vehicles entering a roadway, must yield to traffic already present - position of the nose of the vehicle not withstanding.

As a matter of courtesy I'll try to accommodate merging/entering vehicles to the extent that it's safe to do so - but - if the driver is being a jerk and trying to force his/her way in I'll not make it easy for them. :rolleyes:

Sanity ??? that's French for free for all mud-pie fight :D

Now that is a sure fire way to encourage aggressive driving. Politicians performing at their best. :(

Its =
If the lanes are marked , the one changing lanes yields ...
If there are no markings , and the road is unmarked , then the car in front has right of way .. So two lanes merging with no lines to separate = Car in front has right of way ....
If there are lines marking and separating the lanes , then the lane changer has to give way

Oddly enough, here in SC USA nobody ever has the right-of -way; there are only specifics regarding to when you do not have it. And that doesn't automatically give right-of-way to the other vehicle. Merging traffic here is compelled to allow the main traffic flow through if they cannot merge into it safely ;) And when two adjacent lanes merge into one there is always signage indicating who is to do the merging. But nobody here cares- they all think driving follows NASCAR rules :sick:

Phil

Watching those YouTube videos to check Dashcams ... over there in the Asian Countries it is a free for all ... where they park, all the scooters whizzing in and out (I ride one), Pedestrians on Crossings - rarely stop and give way. It's chaos .. yet they all seem to go with the flow ... hear horns quite a bit .. but that could be to warn other drivers rather than a protest. Cars can't keep in their lane ... they drift often into the adjacent lane.Bit of a worry when going past.

The Scooter riders are pretty skilled

Wish I knew which Countries/Cities they are - Thai, China, Indonesia, Vietnam.
Apparently they don't get road rage over there ... not sure exactly where though

One thing for sure - you don't wanna be driving/riding in any of these places

I always think of ZIP FASTENERS, first lane car then second lane then first lane then second lane etc, but I WILL let aggressive people in as having part of my brain missing I find it hard to restrain myself, being trained in three martial arts I need to, which co-incidentally helped me more than any therapy for ptsd.
Zip fastener is where it's at, I am relaxed even when people cut me up I ignore it, If I have footage of dangerous things I share it with plod.

I always think of ZIP FASTENERS,
It's a great approach, until one side of the zip tries to overtake the other side, then the **** gets caught in the zip.

They used to advertise this in Germany when I lived there and looking at signs in uk carefully shows the same thing, but uk signage is crap imo.

Back