Let's Start A Revolution... Today!

Cessna CJ4

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue 750s Dual | Two Cellink B | 4G LTE 815S Aircard
Hello Frustrated Car Cam'rs!

This post took several months to produce. Less than 3 months ago, I knew nothing about car cams. Today, I'm fully literate in the frustration of car cams. :) However, they say that innovation takes place either through Inspiration or Desperation. Guess which one I happen to be right now? :eek: That's right - DESPERATE! I'm so desperate for a serious Car Camera System that actually works as advertised:

- True Full 1080p and 4K (On-Demand) at 30fps
- Video quality befitting a true Back-Illuminated Sony XMOR CMOS Image Processor
- Genuine Night Vision with Pixel Clarity, Pixel Depth and Balanced Pixel Illumination
- Dedicated Video Cloud Server Farm
- Low Flat Rate Unlimited Video Streaming from Dedicated Video Cloud Server Farm
- 1 Channel, 2 Channel, 4 Channel (360-degrees of coverage) Package Options
- Precise Motion and Bump Detection Sensors
- Event Notification via Dedicated Video Cloud Server Farm
- 4G Air Card Wifi Compatible w/Unlimited Device Connections
- On-board Wifi Transceiver w/Easy Connect & MAC Filtering

The Problem

Let's face it. You and I know that the vast majority of Car Cam tech sucks. It does not work as "Advertised" far too often than it does. Image quality slated as "1080p" but looks worse than 480p in the final analysis. Camera customization that is either missing, does not work proper or works but makes little logical sense in its application. Lousy Customer Support even to the point of not responding, ignoring emails, not returning phone calls after leaving a message, etc. Many of us have been through this hell.

I don't want this to be just another post on yet another "Car Cam" Forum. I want this to be the start of a World Wide Revolution. A full-on WAR against inferior Car Cam Technology and bad Customer Service after the sale by Car Cam Companies. We pay hard earned dollars when buying our cameras and as Paying Customers we deserve Tech that works and Service that solves problems when/if they come up. Nothing less should be expected or accepted by us. This is the first shot in that WAR.

How Do We Start A Real Revolution?

The answer is simple: We initiate a Telephone, Letter, eMail, Text, In-Person Visit, Internet Social Media campaign directed at one or more of the following companies:

- Apple
- Sony
- LG
- Garmin
- Toshiba
- Canon
- Motorola
- HTC
- Nokia
- BlackBerry
- Huawei
- Lenovo
- Samsung

We discover who the top level senior Product Managers, Marketing Managers and CEOs are within those organizations and w launch our 360-degree attack. We unleash our furious, fiery, tornadic, huricanic (I know it is not a word - I just created it) angry mob-like, hellish wildcat, volcanic ash, tidal wave, earth ending, galactic purge message on those Product Managers, Marketing Managers and CEOs that tells them in no uncertain terms that we will not be satisfied with their respective Companies unless they initiate projects to bring to market a Fully Functional and Highly Polished Car Camera Solution meeting the specs above (add to the specs what you want).

If they don't hear from us - they will never know how furious we are or how much we desire genuine video surveillance that actually works. I worked in Silicon Valley for 15 years in a past life. I can PROMISE you that if these companies truly hear from us, THEY WILL RESPOND.

All it takes it just one (1) of the above companies to take our message seriously. After that, they will begin to fall like dominoes each one setting out to better the competition and WE the Car Cam Customer will benefit from that competition like never before.

The Market Potential

Huge! Massive! These words don't even come close to what the successful candidate can accomplished in this market. What makes the market potential so vast? Because unlike the vast majority of car cam producers out there now building crap that does not work as advertised, the above companies already have a built-in customer base plus a very well known brand following - built in. They have established Consumer Electronics Markets WORLD WIDE they can easily tap into and begin selling top notch Car Cam Systems.

Many of us already own multiple products from more than one of the companies listed above. Go through your own personal electronics inventory and count the number of Companies listed above in your own private collection at home and in your office.

Some of you own Stock in these companies on some stock exchange already. You are familiar with these household names and have been since you were a small child. Therefore, when YOU speak to them they must listen to you. You are telling them what you want, what you need and what you desire. Make your voice heard and WE can have a genuine Car Cam experience unlike anything we've seen thus far from the current basket of devil-may-care manufacturers of tech that continues to disappoint us.

WE can win this WAR! We just have want it enough. And, we have to do whatever it takes to make absolutely certain that the above Companies fully understand that we will not settle for anything less than their bringing this technology to us and ready for Prime Time deployment in our vehicles!

Now, put your WAR FACE on and lets get out there and kick some aaaaaaaasssssss! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Show me your WAR FACE! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

show_me_your_war_face_pic_-_Google_Search_-_Google_Chrome_2017-1.png

Last edited:
Dash camera's contrary to popular belief are not 'mainstream' they are surely more mainstream than they were 5 years ago or even a year ago, but market penetration is minuscule and is only estimated to be crossing the 3bill (yes that is small) in 2022 - the 3bill mark is usually what is deemed decent enough to get involved.

Also your statement:
We discover who the top level senior Product Managers, Marketing Managers and CEOs are within those organizations and w launch our 360-degree attack. We unleash our furious, fiery, tornadic, huricanic (I know it is not a word - I just created it) angry mob-like, hellish wildcat, volcanic ash, tidal wave, earth ending, galactic purge message on those Product Managers, Marketing Managers and CEOs that tells them in no uncertain terms that we will not be satisfied with their respective Companies unless they initiate projects to bring to market a Fully Functional and Highly Polished Car Camera Solution meeting the specs above (add to the specs what you want).

is rather ignorant. You honestly think people in these companies have never looked at or considered a dash camera before? These are huge multinational corporations who are always looking for the next big thing. I'm for one glad they have not entered the market it gives small companies a fighting chance, but it should also serve as a cautionary tale.

Honestly, the best course of action is keep doing what this forum is so good at - calling out the bull. Demand better, work with the manufacturers, buy local, and make sure the quality keeps improving - it's a slow battle but so far I would say DCT is actually starting to win it.

Kind regards,

PS
Your attitude has to be admired and I wish we lived in a world where change could be so obtainable but sadly we do not.

IMO what you're looking for will be of interest to a very small, niche market*. In order to be cost effective it will need mass market appeal and I doubt that would happen as the complexity will turn off most of the potential mass market purchasers.

That not withstanding such a device would likely retail at US$500 minimally which in itself eliminates most of the 'mass market' since it's a significant investment for something that has 'zero' immediate return - even more so when you factor in a monthly subscription cost, especially if it were flat rate since the cost for casual users would have to be high enough to subsidize the heavy users.

*I currently own 7 dash cams, actively using 5 (definitely puts me in the aficionado category) and the only 'feature' in your list that I would be interested in would be the 1/2/4 camera option. This to give you some idea of how small I see the potential market as being.

Last edited:
No need to worry, you are just a tad off from normal :D...
My wife (and a significant number of other people I know) will probably agree with you. (y)

If you haven't Lenovo Dash-Cam

No need to worry, you are just a tad off from normal :D

gVHD0lc.jpg
Looks like some kind of Transformer (the toy)! Was this a mock up or was it actually produced and sold?

I'm all for advancements but the only big player mentioned which shows any promise is Garmin who are now making some fine cams and developing them steadily based on user-input. They're still a little clueless about some things but they're smart enough to get them worked out eventually. Car products aren't new to them and their car products are well respected, so once they really get going with dashcams I think they will become the premiere brand with nobody able to approach their throne. At least the possibility is there when it isn't with the others ;)

Just my opinion ATM which is subject to change and if you add enough money to it then you can buy a cup of coffee :ROFLMAO:

Phil

I can't see anyone on that list building the product you want, half don't have the skillset, the other half are probably not interested, will that type of product come eventually, maybe, hard to say

Ah, yes. The enemy of progress and true innovation speaks. This won't take long - I promise. :):p

- Apple - dream on, not enough money to be made, it is only a "security device", not a fashion statement. For them to develop and label up, then to honour mandatory warranties etc....

The Mac was neither a "fashion statement" nor a "security device" when the PC was considered a mere "luxury" and a non-essential toy for Geeks. Steve Jobs made it relevant in the lives of people. That's what good creative leadership does in an innovative company. It makes things relevant in the lives of people, by showing how and why they need to own what the company has to offer. Lead, is the first syllable in the word "Leadership." Now, show me your WAR FACE!

- Sony -dream on, they are producing 90% of their products in China and only labelling them Sony
- LG - dream on, as it is mainly S Korean developer, but again, make produce in China (mainly) and label the products as LG

What percentage of my Blackvue 750s and 650s were produced in China? Who cares where they produce them as long as they start producing quality Car Cams that work! That is the bigger point. Sony's market share would be determined by their zeal for getting it right. Go out and Live The Dream instead of merely dreaming about it by engaging in this War.

- Garmin - they tried, made some Sat-Nav and DVR (dash-cam) combination, ended up bit of a flob, due to the price

It was not "due to price" it was due to poor focus. Garmin makes industry leading EFIS Avionics that I and countless others use in their general aviation aircraft. When Garmin decides to hone its R&D focus, it can (and will) engineer world class Car Cam systems that will blow your mind. You have no idea how brilliant the engineers at Garmin can be when they are FOCUSED on what they are doing. A company that can produce this:

garmin_G3000_pictures_-_Google_Search_-_Google_Chrome_2017-10-25.png

Can most certainly be FOCUSED enough to produce a superior class of this:

DR750s_pic_-_Google_Search_-_Google_Chrome_2017-10-25_08.29.52.png

That FOCUS can be brought to bear on Garmin through a full frontal assault in the WAR for Car Cams THAT WORK! Take this seriously and show me your WAR FACE!

- Toshiba - same as first 3
- Canon- same as first 3

My sentiments exactly! Now show me your WAR FACE!

- Motorola - herm, its google ;)

Who gives a flying rats tail. We want whomever possible to be out there producing Car Cams that work, as long as they have the technical expertise to make it happen. That level of competition will drive UP innovation and drive DOWN the price you pay at the pump of Car Cam Nirvana (did I spell nirvana correctly?).

- HTC - they are too busy in making money and losing mobile market
- Nokia - that's M$
- Huawei - busy in making money and turning fashionable in Mobile phone market

Oh, great - so let's steal yet another money making market niche from HTC. And, why you ask? Because they are already making too much money! Huh? Hello! Anybody home? The unit production costs involved in producing a car cam for HTC would be right in their wheelhouse as compared to their eventual recovery costs and revenue component per unit sold. There is no losing scenario here for either HTC or Nokia regardless of business model, balance sheet conditions and/or naysaying Executive on the inside who might put up a fight, even if it means expanding the potential of their own damn company. Some Executives do that ya know and then they wonder why they got fired after the fact. HTC can do this and so can you - Now, show me your WAR FACE and get in the fight!

BlackBerry - They are near extinct

No. They are not. https://us.blackberry.com/smartphones. Read the marketing type surrounding their SmartPhone applications. Companies don't select words for advertising print on a whim. They used the word "Security." What are Car Cams used for ? You guessed it - Security!

They may be in the "Software" business now, but a brand new Hardware Division could be reborn and just around the corner, if they thought they had the impetus for building it! Furthermore, a company like Blackberry, who used to be hardcore in the Hardware business, could be the Perfect Storm candidate for a Great Revival Story to emerge. This is exactly the kind of company that would put its best foot forward in making a Car Cam System that actually works, as a way to revive themselves once again as a relevant hardware player. All that took was just a little creative problem solving on your part to figure out. Now, once again - please show me your WAR FACE! This is all out WAR and we are going to win!

- Lenovo... tricky, as they are under very many agreements with Google/"Motorola", where their products/factories are changing hands per each model as to say... also, Lenovo did try, but being Chinese company, used Chinese designer (regardless of internals) it was absolute dud.

Absolute, dud? I just left Starbucks for my morning coffee - decided to sit in-store this time and read a newspaper the old fashion way. I saw not one, not two but THREE (3) Lenovo Laptops sitting on Starbucks tables.

Start Thinking Outside The Proverbial Box

I just bought a new HP ENVY 750 with Intel i7. I went out and bought 64GB DDR4 RAM and upgraded that box. I then installed vMware's vSphere ESXi 6.5 Server which is a Type-1 Hypervisor. The ENVY 750 is not supported by vMware which means I had to find a way to inject NIC drivers into the installation that ESXi fails to recognize in order to get the Server installed - else the entire installation fails to a pink screen of death. I created an install NIC driver bundle off-line using Realtek PCI NIC drivers , made it USB installable and the installation ran smoothly as if vMware had built it that way itself.

The Type-1 Hypervisor now enables twenty two (22) Windows 7 virtual machines, each one running its own dedicated trading platform allowing me to have multiple network connections to as many as 22 back-end trading servers world wide (if necessary). Else, I'd be relegated to just one (1) back-end trading server connection. Essentially, I built a dedicated virtualization data center using components that were not designed to work together. For the production version of this, I will buy three (3) CyberPC i9 machines and wrap them all together with a vMware's vSphere Center license. Upgrading the RAM on each box will enable approximately 90+ trading clients across the virtual data center. That will then give me the ability to reach out trade any market using independent accounts anywhere in the world through a singular portfolio management client.

Creative problem solving did this but I had to work for it! Now, show me your WAR FACE!

- Samsung - same as nr 1

Second only to Apple, I think Samsung would be the best tip of the spear in solving the problem of crappy Car Cams hitting the market on a routine basis. Get involved in this WAR. The WAR Effort Needs YOU! Now, how about we start making car cams............... dare I say it........... "Fashionable?" Or, better yet........ "Necessary" and "Relevant" in the lives of People?

By Inspiration or Desperation. Right now, we have such a plethora of crappy Car Cams and crappy Car Cam companies in existence that we are at the point of Desperation, no? I think so.

Last edited:
Dash camera's contrary to popular belief are not 'mainstream'

Then let's do what Nike did. Just Do It. Let's just declare that Car Cams are "fashionable," "relevant" and "necessary" in the lives of people. I don't care what it takes. I just purchased a new 2017 vehicle and have been asked about my camera installation.

Every individual who asked me about my cameras said something to the effect: "Yeah, I know I need to be doing that too." In other words, they are the hidden market potential that has not yet been tapped by anyone.

...they are surely more mainstream than they were 5 years ago or even a year ago, but market penetration is minuscule and is only estimated to be crossing the 3bill (yes that is small) in 2022 - the 3bill mark is usually what is deemed decent enough to get involved.

Traditional market share estimates have been wrong before. I think every single vehicle on the road needs a video surveillance at this stage. Road rage, bad drivers, overzealous law enforcement, jealous hacks who vandalize for kicks, people who refuse to accept responsibility for creating collisions on the road where there are no third-party eye witness accounts of what actually took place, etc. We live in a time where having that Perpetual Eye Witness in your vehicle is critically important and necessary.

3,287 deaths per day in the US alone. 20-50 million people injured in those collisions each year. 34,000+ crashes in 2016 alone. Vandalism rates increasing each year (notice those dents in the Rear Corner of vehicles almost everywhere you go now?). Vehicle Video Surveillance is no longer a simple "nice to have." I'm declaring this a necessity at this point and there is ample empirical evidence out there to support that claim. What these companies need is to be shown the facts of driving on the road today for millions of people, and a marketing vision that captures the essence of why this has become a necessity. Companies have been creating "urgency" for products and services they sell for eons. This would be no different except that it would be backed (100%) by real-world stats and evidence to support that urgency.

You honestly think people in these companies have never looked at or considered a dash camera before?

I've worked inside some of these same companies and know for a fact that some have not. Those that did operated under poor product research and were most likely suffering under poor leadership at the Product Marketing & New Product Research level. I've seen how Pet Projects of Senior Product Marketing Managers are driven from the inside, not merely as a customer standing on the outside. I've been in the office around the clock, living out of a sleeping bag and brushing my teeth in the company rest rooms while working on delivering a POC that should have been killed long ago as a viable product and that ultimately failed because the senior Product Managers were operating without benefit or care for what Customers Truly Needed. I've seen that up close and personal over the course of nearly two decades in the Technology Industry.

Ignorant? I think I know what I am talking about here. I can see huge potential IF this problem is approached correctly and with the right Marketing Message backed by real-world data made palpable and easy for the Customer to digest and accept as being both necessary and required. It is a question of Mindshare, not technological brilliance or balance sheet risk. The balance sheet will reflect the underlying reality that is the uncovered necessity contained within the Marketing Message. This need to be brought to the Public as a matter of urgent problem solving - not some cute gimmick or "fashion statement."

If only the good drivers of the world bought this product, it would be far more than $3.3 billion per year in revenue expectations. This assumes that bad drivers don't want such Eye Witness leverage. In states where the Second Amendment is not violated on a routine basis criminals dressed in suits calling themselves Law Makers and where Conceal Carry is a Right (not a Privilege), violent crime rates are typically lower than in states where CCW approvals are virtually impossible to obtain. When criminals know that they might encounter people who can put up a defense, they are less likely to strike. Similarly, if bad drivers were more aware that their bad driving behavior was more than likely being captured on video in real-time, it would not be unreasonable to believe that their driving behavior would be altered. Case in point.

I'm for one glad they have not entered the market it gives small companies a fighting chance, but it should also serve as a cautionary tale.

Small companies a fighting chance to do what? To continue delivering broken promises! To not return emails from paying customers! To not solve problems and ignore them as though they do not exist! To lie about new product capabilities after claiming to have fixed old problems in newly released products! I can get on the phone right now, call either Toshiba, Samsung, Apple or HTC and get a problem fixed. At minimum, I will not be ignored when contacting them after paying top dollar for their product/service.

I'm all for small business growth. I think smaller car cam companies would actually be pushed to refine their product lines and in doing so, the Customer would benefit. The only entities that don't like competition are monopolies and we all know how crappy their post-sale service will be. Verizon, Comcast and AT&T are but the tip of the iceberg in Devil May Care Less about real Customer Satisfaction. Notice how I did not include either of those companies in the list of potential problem solvers - even though Comcast just announced its "Mobile Phone" offering not too long ago.

Honestly, the best course of action is keep doing what this forum is so good at - calling out the bull.

How has that worked lately? I mean, really - how has that worked? I spent lots of money on Blackvue products and related equipment/services to get it up and running. Every component (Hotspot and Portable Batteries) works flawlessly. My Hotspot delivers consistent and reliable 4G in areas that are not absurdly remote and my Cell Link Battery B units have been absolutely workhorses without fail. The missing link? Blackvue Cameras. They have been absolutely inconsistent, unreliable and have not met the specification standards of their own Marketing Print! That's not progress - that's regression to the mean and unacceptable to me as a paying customer.

No. We need a revolution. One that will finally bring stable Mobile Vehicle Video Surveillance with Cloud Service that actually works as Advertised. If an Action Cam can shoot rock solid stable video, then there is no reason why my Car Cam can't do the same when they are alleged to be running the same Family of Image Processor! Either somebody is not telling the truth about which Image Processor they are using, or somebody simply does not yet have the engineering capacity to make it work optimally. Either way, it is unacceptable delivery. I don't think anybody on this forum can argue otherwise and do so with a straight face.

Demand better, work with the manufacturers, buy local, and make sure the quality keeps improving - it's a slow battle but so far I would say DCT is actually starting to win it.

Absolutely, impossible in my case. Blackvue refuses to respond. How can you work with a manufacturer that ignores your emails containing detailed accounts of faulty product and service functions? Being ignored by the very company that you help to keep in business with your hard earned dollars is totally unacceptable behavior on that part of that company.

War is on! And, we need to be about the business of winning it.

PS
Your attitude has to be admired and I wish we lived in a world where change could be so obtainable but sadly we do not.

Thank you. I believe the world is what we make of it. We select our destiny. We can drive companies to product better products by speaking with our hard earned cash. This is why Antitrust Laws are so important and why never allowing monopolies to thrive is critical to good Consumerism. We simply need to let companies like Apple know that we are here and we are fired up and ready to support them --IF-- they produce something we can get behind with our cash.

This could be a win/win/win scenario if played correctly. A ground-up assault (grass roots) can move a company like Apple. After that, they all start to get in line and compete with each other. All it takes is just getting one (1) of these companies to start a real FOCUSED engineering and marketing effort. The rest will be history for those who do. Garmin was NOT focused. I've used their Avionics products for years and can promise you that whatever they did relative to car cams in the past, would be nothing like what they are capable of doing in the future.

We can do this. The question is - how bad do we really want it?

IMO what you're looking for will be of interest to a very small, niche market*.

That is a function of the way this product has been marketing and presented to the public in the past. The current driving realities dictate that we now have a road condition where Responsible Drivers must have Mobile Video Surveillance with them when they drive. It is now a matter of Security and Liability Protection for reasons that are empirically validated across the board. Crafting, proliferating, distributing and shaping the new Urgency Message about such "necessary" on-board Surveillance and Liability Protection equipment are the domain of companies that have the savvy, intellect and vision to create it.

Clearly, I'm talking about elevating the game here to a much higher level of Professionalism and Polish. What we've experienced in the past with respect to "market share estimates" is not even remotely close to what I think is actual potential. Everyone I talk too about my cams ends up talking about their own personal driving experience where they thought a cam might have helped them in a situation where somebody else had Liability of some kind or another. Yet, they did not own a cam. When questioned as to why they did not own a cam, the typical response leaned towards "urgency." They did not feel the "urgency."

That's a huge clue about HOW to craft the Marketing Message. Not to open up a new market - this market already exists. This market is a sleeper. Crafting the right message and marketing this correctly would simply Awaken The Giant now fast asleep. Subconsciously, people already know they need to "be doing this." What they now need is a subconscious trigger to awaken action on their part. The market is already there - lurking in the subconscious of millions of drivers world wide and precisely because of the increasing instability in routine daily driving conditions on the roads they travel:

Be safe out there people. The world of driving has become a very dangerous place and you may need an Eye Witness when there is no one else around to support your version of events:

Try contacting Dahua and HIKVision.

They make the best (allegedly) CCTV camera systems. If anyone was likely to be a) Interested and b) capable, it would probably be one of those companies.

I'm all for advancements but the only big player mentioned which shows any promise is Garmin who are now making some fine cams and developing them steadily based on user-input. They're still a little clueless about some things but they're smart enough to get them worked out eventually. Car products aren't new to them and their car products are well respected, so once they really get going with dashcams I think they will become the premiere brand with nobody able to approach their throne. At least the possibility is there when it isn't with the others ;)

Just my opinion ATM which is subject to change and if you add enough money to it then you can buy a cup of coffee :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Agreed. Garmin is a fine technology company that knows how to make complex tech work when they are focused:

GHD_2100_Head-up_Display_Aviation_Garmin_-_Google_Chrome_201.png

GHD_2100_Head-up_Display_Aviation_Garmin_-_Google_Chrome_201.png

Try contacting Dahua and HIKVision.

They make the best (allegedly) CCTV camera systems. If anyone was likely to be a) Interested and b) capable, it would probably be one of those companies.

Thanks for the links - I have other uses for this. Much appreciated. They both look like they know what they are doing.

A couple points that I see thus far: Dahua has a Wifi cam already, whereas NIKVision does not. This may be a telling signal about who is closer to being a real player in the Mobile Video Surveillance arena of Vehicle Cams. Power supply requirements would also be a factor and getting something to run with lower power consumption rates is also an issue. Both are familiar with 12 volts and 10 amps. Unless they produced their own LiLon battery, building out on lower power consumption would be required.

They don't have retail consumer side brand names like the original list. One of my thoughts (strategies) behind this was to use a well known retail (consumer side) brand name to help or assist in breaking the ice on introducing cameras into the lives of people who don't already have them. Even someone who is not a current HTC owner or fan, might be more willing to consider them because they are at least familiar with their name. This is not intended to rule out Dahua or HIKVision, but to make "sale" a bit easier and thus give justification for putting the necessary dollars into R&D.

They both look good. I wonder how both would integrate with something like Crestron Home Automation Systems. Something to look into for sure.

...this market already exists. This market is a sleeper. Crafting the right message and marketing this correctly would simply Awaken The Giant now fast asleep. Subconsciously, people already know they need to "be doing this." What they now need is a subconscious trigger to awaken action on their part. The market is already there - lurking in the subconscious of millions of drivers world wide and precisely because of the increasing instability in routine daily driving conditions on the roads they travel:
Rubbish, most people have already taken care of the problem, they have bought insurance - much easier and more reliable than installation of a dashcam.

If you want to "Start A Revolution", get the Samsung 360 Round, not only is it from one of your listed manufacturers, gives you your 4K, 360, live broadcasting, etc., but it also gives you 3D :)

360-Round-Release_main.jpeg

It's not going to sell in great numbers though, although you didn't specify a price range I think most people will find it beyond their budget at over $10K for the camera and another ~$5K for the live broadcast server.

Rubbish, most people have already taken care of the problem, they have bought insurance - much easier and more reliable than installation of a dashcam.

Which only serves to highlight my point that an intelligent approach to Marketing would be essential, not merely the development of a new car cam. No insurance company claims adjuster can also be your Fixed Eye Witness to a collision that you did not cause with your bad driving habits and/or total negligence. In fact, the exact opposite is true of insurance companies in that they are always more interesting in not paying your claim when/if it comes time for you to file one. Relying on an insurance company to protect you comes after the point where you need such protection.

Being able to show both law enforcement and the insurance claims adjuster that you were not at fault is the point well missed here - as the other negligent party is most guaranteed to say that YOU caused the problem, which now puts BOTH insurance claims adjusters into a duel for who can come up with the most creative way to deny the claim. Make it easier on your adjuster and the police officer who can assign fault on the spot - by presenting both with the right evidence that demonstrates the voracity of your claims.

If you want to "Start A Revolution", get the Samsung 360 Round, not only is it from one of your listed manufacturers, gives you your 4K, 360, live broadcasting, etc., but it also gives you 3D :)

Though after owning a 2-channel only system and constantly finding myself wanting to see what's taking place on the sides of my vehicle over the Cloud, I am a solid believer in having 360-degrees of coverage now - which means I will have to add a second set of 2-channel cameras. Personally, I have never met a 360-degree camera system that was car mountable AND provided a level of image quality that I thought was mission critical ready for street use on a daily basis.

It's not going to sell in great numbers though, although you didn't specify a price range I think most people will find it beyond their budget at over $10K for the camera and another ~$5K for the live broadcast server.

To get the specs that I've outlined above in the OP, Id' be willing to pay up to $500 for a 4-Channel 360-degree (by design, not by after thought) system and as high as $700-$800, if it also included Long Life Batteries and Lifetime Cloud Service that actually worked. Else, max $600 with Lifetime Cloud and I would buy Cell Link Battery Bs separately. My two Cell Link Battery Bs have been highly reliable and flawless up to this point in both Hot and Cold weather conditions while parked. My Cell Link Battery Bs have actually been the bright spot in my Blackvue Nightmare.

Dash camera's contrary to popular belief are not 'mainstream' they are surely more mainstream than they were 5 years ago or even a year ago, but market penetration is minuscule and is only estimated to be crossing the 3bill (yes that is small) in 2022 - the 3bill mark is usually what is deemed decent enough to get involved.

Also your statement:

is rather ignorant. You honestly think people in these companies have never looked at or considered a dash camera before? These are huge multinational corporations who are always looking for the next big thing. I'm for one glad they have not entered the market it gives small companies a fighting chance, but it should also serve as a cautionary tale.

Honestly, the best course of action is keep doing what this forum is so good at - calling out the bull. Demand better, work with the manufacturers, buy local, and make sure the quality keeps improving - it's a slow battle but so far I would say DCT is actually starting to win it.

Kind regards,

PS

Hey @JooVuu is back! Must be JVX2 time :)

If you want the best sensor, (at least on paper), get the Sony IMX334LQR - 4K, 60fps, massive 1/1.8 size, STARVIS night sensitivity, WDR. Not sure what it costs though!

All you need do now is build yourself a cam around it. :)

Last edited:
...and as high as $700-$800, if it also included Long Life Batteries and Lifetime Cloud Service....
It will never happen - you can't have a fixed cost for something that could go on for an indeterminate period of time.

Back