Letter from Qrontech

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just received a letter from Qrontech regarding the image quality issues a few owners experienced. They said I can share it here so I have attached it.

Some positives:
1) Yellow cast issue was corrected with firmware last year
2) A new mount is shipping with the cameras (since end of 2013) which resolves the "breakage" issue people were having

For image quality, it is their belief this is due to tinted windows and CPL filter usage. Another possible cause is prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. I have updated the FAQ with this info and you can see their full response in their letter.

I have left the disassembly images and unbricking file on the site as well.

Attachments

• Qrontech_Letter.pdf
    446.5 KB · Views: 53
Fantastic. Good work from Qrontech. As stated above, its nice to know these companies rectify issues as such, and care for their customer feedbacks.

I mailed then some days ago regarding the darker footage when in parking mode, strange the cam dont use the same settings as when it is in allways or motion recording mode.

I mailed then some days ago regarding the darker footage when in parking mode, strange the cam dont use the same settings as when it is in allways or motion recording mode.

So what you're saying is when the camera is in parking mode the video is darker, oppose to the normal recording mode?
A very issue I may add.

yep it is visible in the motion detect videos i made, i cant find the post but here are one of the videos i made.

Any idea how/where to buy the new mounting bracket? Don't see it on Amazon/eBay as of yet?

I just purchsed a 7900G and the new mounting bracket is slick. I will get a picture posted.

Looks like it doesn't have the rotary adjustment needed if you mount off centre which I guess is why they give you both

Looks like it doesn't have the rotary adjustment needed if you mount off centre which I guess is why they give you both
Won't be that big of an issue for me. I can take my time when installing the mount to insure it is aligned correctly. For me, it's far more important that it be sturdy instead of rotation. At times, I may need to remove the cam to avoid inviting thieves, and with the old mount, the risk of breaking it is noticeable. Looks luke Lukas finally figured out how to prevent breakage (at least from the images in the letter).

Now, where can I buy one?

I wanted it quick. Purchased from this link, no problems at all. Prolly some ebay sellers too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00C48TJ58
I didn't mean he camera itself, I meant the new mount. I already have the camera and my only gripe about it is the mount. Looks like the new mount addressed that issue and I would like to get my hands on one. Does anyone here know anyone who sells the new mount separately yet? I know there are several dealers who sell it separately, both on Amazon and eBay.

Thanks.

Ask apple ct

Just received a letter from Qrontech regarding the image quality issues a few owners experienced. They said I can share it here so I have attached it.

Some positives:
1) Yellow cast issue was corrected with firmware last year
2) A new mount is shipping with the cameras (since end of 2013) which resolves the "breakage" issue people were having

For image quality, it is their belief this is due to tinted windows and CPL filter usage. Another possible cause is prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. I have updated the FAQ with this info and you can see their full response in their letter.

I have left the disassembly images and unbricking file on the site as well.
I wish I could receive such the serious support from LUKAS/QVIA (Qrontech).
Here is why I said so. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/lukas-customer-support-is-mia.35613/#post-433517

Back