Lexar High-Endurance or Samsung EVO Select Card?

ok, so pretty much exactly the same thing??

now should i get one or wait until prices come down a bit more? i will want one soon enough this year probably.

don't know, prices are erratic, going to set a reminder so I can order a couple when their sale is on, need them for testing anyway

fuk it i will get one too for when the SG9663DC comes in the next few weeks.

The memory shortages seem to carry on into 2018 with no letup in sight, i would snag up anything i feel are a good deal and be done with it.

There never seems to be a shortage of memory shortages! ;)

There never seems to be a shortage of memory shortages! ;)
Blame YouTube, all those instantly accessible 4K movies, all stored at multiple resolutions and all the resolutions stored on multiple servers around the world for instant access anywhere need most of the worlds production of flash memory!

Also, Samsung doesn't have much competition for 256GB mSD cards so there is no reason to reduce the price any time soon, or to bother introducing a 512GB which would mean reducing the price of the 256GB. Micron who used to produce the Lexar flash memory pulled out of the competition because supplying YouTube with flash cards is more profitable.

the 400Gb cards are selling at the price 256gb cards were at previously so I would think that probably helped push the price down

I just wish gasoline prizes worked like memory prices do, i would love to get 2 liter of 95 Octane for the current 10.00 DKkr / 1.6 USD price.

I would advise against buying Lexar cards - I've got Lexar 633x 200GB card on hand which died silently in SG9665GC and I lost all recordings. Also I'm concerned that SG9665GC didn't alert me with any sounds when it was not able to record to the card, I'm going to open a separate thread on that.

-albertr

I would advise against buying Lexar cards - I've got Lexar 633x 200GB card on hand which died silently in SG9665GC and I lost all recordings. Also I'm concerned that SG9665GC didn't alert me with any sounds when it was not able to record to the card, I'm going to open a separate thread on that.

-albertr

it can't do audible alerts, not supported by the chipset, we've been advising against the Lexar cards for quite a while now already, they took a turn for the worse once they decided to sell the business unfortunately

When the GC starts initializing it emits two short beeps.
It's faint but audible, if it was emitted continuously in case of trouble I bet even _I_ would hear it finally.

When the GC starts initializing it emits two short beeps.
It's faint but audible, if it was emitted continuously in case of trouble I bet even _I_ would hear it finally.

there's a startup tone, just tells you it has powered up, it's not a warning beep at all, if you have it set to auto restart (default setting) and it has an error initialising the card it will restart over and over so that you would likely notice, that's how people that don't look after their memory cards typically find out there's a problem and contact us wondering why the camera is not working, poor card handling, deleting files ad-hoc, not formatting etc are what most often leads to that behavior, it's not a catch all but it does pickup the most common type of problem, the self inflicted type

the DC cam beeps continuously if you forget to insert the SD card.

Oh, great idea. The guy who invented this is a genius. o_O:rolleyes::cool:

enjoy.
Mtz

it's not just for no card, it will beep if you stop recording, if there is a communication issue with the rear camera, if the card needs formatting etc etc

Still a genius and more. :whistle:

enjoy,
Mtz

Back