Lexus IS300 w/flat almost got taken out trying to get to the shoulder

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
I was on my way to work and smelled the burning rubber smell sorta like the belt slipped on a vacuum cleaner and then I saw the IS300 with it's hazards on. It was clear that he was trying to get to the right shoulder. As he was merging slowly (maybe 25mph) as his tire was totally shredded and was flapping around damn near got taken out by a red Mini Cooper traveling at freeway speed. The ABS was fully activated. Luckily the IS300 made his way to the right shoulder.

That's the worst. I've had 2 blow outs in a year, but thankfully I was already on the right. I saw some poor idiot with one, only there was no tire left; unfortunately that was between getting a replacement cam sent out. What was even worse was they had driven past a gas station, and an open empty lot where they would have had plenty of room to get off the road.

Could have been my friends father if it was over here and a skoda estate.

First he have been driving a whole day with a flat tire, not much driving but still enuff to make the tire totally useless.
A fjew days later his chutch was gone, he drive a stick like allmost all Danes, but he is now so old - weak and demented he dont remove his foot from the pedal.
The result was a pedal stuck all the way at the bottom and no way in hell could you move it in or out, and when he arrived home he did so in a cloud of smoke that he dident even notice.
Its a wonder to me and my friend how he keep getting his licence renewed, it should have been taken avay a decade ago. ( another proof of the standart of doctors here as it is his doctor that have to renew it every year )

I once ran out of gas and had been in the left lane... Had flashers on, coasting in neutral... Nobody would let me over to the right. Once I dropped below 30 (in a 70 zone) I gave up and ended up running someone off the road because I didn't want to be stopped in one of the main lanes.

Back