License Plate Recognition New Feature -- DOME G9WB Dual Lens

domekaka

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
blackview 9000B,sport camera G50
Here has one dash camera from shenzhen DOME with New Cool Feature : License Plate Recognition

G9WB-2.png

Which dash camera has this cool feature? It is G9WB Dual Lens Dash Camera, now let's take a look at more information of it

G5WB.jpg
Specification:
Video Resolution: Front 1920*1080/30fpt, Rear 1280*720/30fps
Screen: 3.0 inch Big Screen
Angle: Front 170 degrees A+ grade high-resolution wide angle lens , Rear 140 degrees
The advanced H.264 compression technology
Support 64 GB TF card
Interface: USB / HDMI/AV IN
Size: 98mm*57mm*37mm

Features:
Automatically turn on/ off function
Seamless Loop - cycle recording function
G-sensor function
Motion Detection Function
WDR : Wide Dynamic Range Function
LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System Function
FCWS: Forward Collision Warning System Function
License Plate Recognition

How License Plate Recognition Works? Following Video Show You

11229555_389393727910847_8726487451271611597_n.jpg

What's your opinion about the dash camera? Will it be your next option?

Last edited:
I couldn't see that in the video, maybe upload a real sample not a compressed YouTube version

This is cool dash camera which has License Plate Recognition feature , other ordinary dash cameras don't have, It is very cool! isn't it?

Not sure if it's cool or not, depends how it works, if it just shows what you can already see anyway and overlays that and blocks other parts of the video then it might not be so useful

fine if it can do it in fast moving traffic...

not a very good presentation of a new product.- "its cool isn't it" and a video of a parked car !

What's up with those blue lights on the front?
Hopefully, they can be turned off.
I really don't understand making dashcam noticeable in US market.

g5wb-jpg.13414

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mtz
What's up with those blue lights on the front?
Hopefully, they can be turned off.
I really don't understand making dashcam noticeable in US market.

g5wb-jpg.13414
Its very simple - those are turn signal lights :) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest gripe with most DVR’s is why make them look like a camera that was first designed in 1920, there is just no excuse nowadays not to produce a sleek unobstructive design and instead of spending money on fancy design work, spend it on improving quality and reliability

why would anyone (in the west) want a DVR that looks like an DSLR and to make sure people (thieves) can see it start putting silver bling on it.

No mater how good it is, it’s not for me. it’s failed on two important point for me, looks like a DSLR and why o why have silver bling on it, my advice to you is, invest in proper designers don’t just copy a design thats nearly 100 years old and used for a totally different purpose

Yep exactly, Im still looking to buy a front rear \ setup, I want something that does not look like a camera, something discreet that does not shout:

"LOOK AT ME"

when the BIG shinny unit with blue LED's on (why has it got blue LED's) is spotted by the scumbags, it takes them less than a minute to pop your side window and they're away, the loss of the goods, these things happen but then you've got all the hassle of repairs

Build something that blends in and then we might be interested

I know truckers who have been stuck with commercial 'lane departure' warning systems, and they didn't work, and drove them nuts. (constantly going off in error, and these are high end, commercial vehicle units)
Not a feature I need, or want.

The forward collision thing? MAYBE if it actually works, and the settings are adjustable, and you could turn it off. (I have a commercial unit in my truck which displays the distance the car is ahead of you, it's speed, and is connected to the truck brakes and cruise control. I don't need it, but the 'radar' display is kind of a novelty.)

No wish to hijack this thread but discreet cams do exist... here's two for starters...
You exactly did that.
This thread is not about what exists, it's about a specific model.

If i can enter 100 or so licenceplates in the dashcam and have the camera go BEEEEP when it see one of those licence plates, well then i am all ears :D i would take that feature over LDWS and FCWS any day.

That been said, i am no fan of the convensional dashcam form factor, for me ultra stealthy is on top of my wish list for any dashcamera.

You guys need to hire a better designer. Market wants something better looking and no need for turn signals on a dashcam.lol

The best design for a dash cam by far are the cylinder shaped ones like blackvue and thinkware copycat.

You guys need to hire a better designer. Market wants something better looking and no need for turn signals on a dashcam.lol

think this is bad you should see some of the stuff that doesn't make it to market, there's some very unusual thinking out there to say the least

The best design for a dash cam by far are the cylinder shaped ones like blackvue and thinkware copycat.

The cylindrical form-factor is my current favourite*, but I'm not convinced it was originated by BlackVue. I think (not sure) that Itronics deserves the credit for it.

Anyway, who cares? It's the combination of the form & it's contents that matters. In this respect BlackVue would do well to copy Thinkware build & video quality & reliability. If they had, I would've bought the DR650. As it is, I associate BlackVue with good design, spoiled by mediocre performance & overpricing. Pity.

* subject to change without notice

Last edited:
Back