LiFePO4 and LTO power bank for dash camera fully manufactured in the UK (Europe)

indeed pretty useless . it should film the impact itself, otherwise it remains "open to interpretation "

Why i use low bitrate for parking, record all the time and you do not miss anything, and you can also have G-sensor on, if not anything else it can act as a beacon for when something actually happened.

I liked how auto event detection would record in full resolution, but I didn't like how much it missed. I eventually went with low bitrate recording as well.

The 'impact detection mode' that Nigel referred to was in addition to a timed duration of low bitrate recording. You can set the parking record timer to something like 12 hours of low bitrate which should cover most short-term parking situations. Beyond that, if the car remains parked for a weekend or a whole week, the camera remains in standby and will wake up on detecting an impact. No, it won't record the impact due to the startup delay. But you might record something useful rather than nothing at all.

Anyone know what happened with this manufacturer?
Their products are "sold out" for a long time.

From their website:

We have sold out all our power banks.
We are now waiting for a delivery of the materials to assemble more devices
The next batch should be ready by end of November. (30.11.2022)

see also here:

Last edited:
Anyone know what happened with this manufacturer?
Their products are "sold out" for a long time.
Just contact them through their contact form or mail and pre order your power bank.

I received mine a couple of months ago and I am very satisfied with the product and their support (ordered the version with the cigarette lighter and got the hardwire cables for free)

It looks like my 5-minute commute is not going to charge the 6200LFP enough for a full day of parking mode, especially with a 3-CH and 2-CH camera connected.

I think I'll stop using the interior camera on the A139 to make it 2-CH, and power the SG9663DR with a powerbank instead.

When I bought the 6200LFP (during lockdown) my office was a 25 minute drive away. Now I've moved to a much closer office which is good for some things, but not for charging a battery whilst driving.
I am guessing that this product will work to your satisfaction then ;)

I can't wait for 9000LTO it looks a beast

At least that one has a display. My 6200 only has a simple LED, so I never know how much charge it has except when it's full or empty.

Reactions: Mtz
@-Pizdys- can you explain why the recording duration is bigger on the smaller battery?
Snapshot is from here. From that table I expected longer durations for the 10000 mAh capacity.

Attachments

• PC-LTO recording time.jpg
    PC-LTO recording time.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 12
@-Pizdys- can you explain why the recording duration is bigger on the smaller battery?
Snapshot is from here. From that table I expected longer durations for the 10000 mAh capacity.
I think the numbers were swapped by accident. Looking at the page for the 6200LFP the 1CH / 2CH durations are 48 / 25 hours. So I reckon the 9000LTO figures are probably 80 / 40 hours??

The main description page claims 3 days of parking recording. Even those 3 days are for 1CH dashcams in some time-lapse mode, it should be available also in the comparison table at the same 3 days duration.
The future of powerbanks will be LTO in the same way dashcams evolved from batteries to supercaps. The duration of parking mode must cover 48 hours even for 2CH dashcams and the charging duration must be under 25 minutes. Seems this product is a good way to start a new era.

The duration of parking mode must cover 48 hours even for 2CH dashcams and the charging duration must be under 25 minutes.
If I'm reading it correctly, the 9000LTO can power 40 hours of 2CH recording, after charging for 20 minutes.

That would need a good hardwire connection to a suitable fuse

Back