LiFePo4 USB powerbank

• Thread starter Deleted member 37895
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 37895

I've been trying to find a LiFePo4 USB power bank due to their ability to handle higher temperatures, but there seem to be none. Has anybody seen a product like this? It would also need the ability to do power input and output at the same time AKA passthrough charging.

I've been trying to find a LiFePo4 USB power bank due to their ability to handle higher temperatures, but there seem to be none. Has anybody seen a product like this? It would also need the ability to do power input and output at the same time AKA passthrough charging.

check out Cellink B / NEX / NEO - series.

check out Cellink B / NEX / NEO - series.

I was hoping to find something cheaper with just USB input and output, because this is for 5 volt security cameras and maybe Mobius cameras

But no passthrough

Very few power banks have true pass-through-charging and this is probably the ONLY LiFePo4 power bank on the market. You just can't have everything. Pass through is a bad idea anyway for dash cam use inside an automobile cab.

Since that TQKA is literally the only LiFePO4 powerbank I ordered one since it holds so much power that it should be useful for running a small camera for days between charges. It just got here and it's way bigger and heavier than I expected! The roughly 70 watt hours should run a 1.5 watt Mobius in timelapse for about 45 hours

It is pretty heavy. The reason is that lithium iron phosphate cells (LiFePO4) have less energy density (14% lower) and are much heavier than equivalent lithium-ion cells (LiCoO2) commonly used in power banks. To get the desired 20,000 mAh out of the power bank you need bigger cells or a greater number of them.

Last edited:
It took 7.5 hours to charge and it says on the label 2amps USB charge so about 70 watt hours capacity would be accurate

I ran my Mobius in timelapse for 7.25 hours and it's down to 90% so it should run the camera for 3 days

Since it doesn’t have pass through charging, who does it work? Do you have to plug the cam and the power bank into the car separately when the car is running then when the car is off, plug the cam back into the power bank or what? Because if you have to keep changing where is it that is plugged, it’s gotta be a royal PITA!

Yes. BTW I tested it and it definitely does not provide power to the outputs while the charge port is connected

Back