Lightning show caught on dash cam!

The strike at @1:28 , i would have never have known it was a cactus at the right hand side, until the strike at that time pretty much illuminated the whole sky.

Fairly windy too.

Last edited:
Nice. I just love lightning,,,, if i am in a secure location like a car.
Haven't had any lightning storms here, or we had but they fizz out before they reach me, but i was hoping for more as the hot weather have been replaced by much colder normal Danish summer.

The strike at @1:28 , i would have never have known it was a cactus at the right hand side, until the strike at that time pretty much illuminated the whole sky.

Fairly windy too.

Yea we get dust storms too so it gets pretty windy lol :p

Nice. I just love lightning,,,, if i am in a secure location like a car.
Haven't had any lightning storms here, or we had but they fizz out before they reach me, but i was hoping for more as the hot weather have been replaced by much colder normal Danish summer.

We have been getting a lot of lightning storms just that one seemed the coolest lol plus I wanted to see how well my new cam got it

Just like tornadoes ( im told ) you get the best lightning recordings just before the rain hit you.

What do I think? I think I'd be selling the public rights to the footage to LiveStormMedia or another YT weather channel. With the paucity of tornadoes this year they are buying lots of stuff they would normally pass on just to keep their YT channels active and making profit.

Good catch(y)
Phil

Back