Lights...

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
Problems with the lights - and more than those just on the car...

Problems with the lights - and more than those just on the car...

OH, that's just a short it hasen't caught fire yet, no big deal! Darn traffic, how do they expect me to finish my text!

An unwise and unusual manoeuvre, but I suspect a legal one?

Obviously we need more sleeping policemen, the light works every time one appears!

Was that a learner driver under supervision?

If so it's scary to think the teacher has passed a test at some point and has a licence.

There's an arrow on the bollard for heaven's sake.

Driving home from my friends place a good hour ago ( pitch black ) first of all i had to flash my long beam around 10 times at cars with their fog light illegally on.
Then as i was close to my home town i had a row of about 12 or so cars come towards me, and the #3 car in that row just had his DLR lights on in the front and no light at all in the back.
I have no idea how you can feel safe driving 80 km/h in darkness with light that only light up the road 2 M ahead, and i can clueless as to why the car behind that car was not flashing his lights at him, i would have done that a lot.

, but I suspect a legal one?

Not sure it's legal to go in thae lane to the right of the light, but it could be, not checked the law...

Was that a learner driver under supervision?

If so it's scary to think the teacher has passed a test at some point and has a licence.

There's an arrow on the bollard for heaven's sake.

Not the best choice was it Tom? The driver put the hazards on after I went through...

Paul.

That left tail light is probably filled with water.

What is happening with that left light is that the brighter 'brake' filament or wiring is faulty. The dimmer 'taillight' is switched off during braking as a power-saving measure and also because the bulb holder and lens cannot tolerate the heat of both filaments burning at the same time. Many older cars which used metal-based bulbs would let both burn together as this made the switching design simpler and they could tolerate the extra heat. Now it's a more complex system which may save you a dollar in fuel each year but costs you ten in it's complexity, especially if any of the parts other than the bulb fail.

This is called 'advanced technology' and it's better for you only because they say it is. Just another reason I so much like my older vehicles :cool:

Phil

I can live with the other cars bulbs... It's the road awareness that is more of a concern.

I agree. Maybe we're both 'old school' in watching the cars as much as what their lights are showing (or not showing, as was the case here). Nobody will ever rear-end a set of malfunctioning brake lights without hitting the car they are on, so if you avoid hitting that car as your goal, it is less relevant what their lights are doing. Still, most people watch the lights and not the car..... :(

Phil

I think my night sight are fading, at least driving at night now i get far more annoyed with the light of other cars coming towards me, and here i am not just talking about cars with aftermarket HID / LED light illegally fitted, but it seem even some factory cars are a "problem" for me.
Then again it could also be people putting upgrade bulbs in their new car as Danes are generally dumb in this regard too, even with my fading eyesight there are no way in hell i would put other or stronger bulbs in my car.

An online record check shows DA51CPE failed its MOT the last two years in a row for a number of reasons - it does not appear to be a well-maintained car. The 2018 test is due next week - watch this space....

An online record check shows DA51CPE failed its MOT the last two years in a row for a number of reasons - it does not appear to be a well-maintained car. The 2018 test is due next week - watch this space....
"MIL Lamp on" - I thought you had to get that fixed, not much point in it if you continue driving for years with it on!

"Offside Front Inner Tyre has ply or cords exposed" - Good thing we have these annual tests!

Some just don't get it,,,,,, the society thing we have all formed for our mutual convenience.
Personally i think we should set that kind of people free on a secluded island, where they can form their own anarchist society.

"MIL Lamp on" - I thought you had to get that fixed, not much point in it if you continue driving for years with it on!
Just looked it up, seems this is her first test since the engine MIL lamp became a "major failure" - maybe she will scrap the car this year...

I must remember to check this next week to see if it does the hatrick of failures....

1545042227811.png

Last edited:
Expired rather than failed... check again in a few days, it's probably still driving about... Won't be on the ANPR list for a while yet since it is still legal to drive it to the test centre.

Interesting...

Back