Link to Android app?

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
I can't seem to find the right app for android. The store results for "FNNovatek" seem to be ofr "FN Cam"- is that what I need? Still learning how to use Android here.

Phil

Thanks Jokin (y) I kind of got lost there but I'm back on track now!

Phil

Still having problems here. The app Jokin recommended will connect to the cam, but as soon as you get the next screen after 'connect' it immediately goes right back :( On loading the app I got a warning that the app wasn't optimized for my tablet but I tried it anyway and I uninstalled and reloaded the app a few times with the same ending :rolleyes: I also tried the FNNovatek app (got the same warning) and it wouldn't even open. Again I tried a few re-installs to no avail :oops: The cam seems fine- it records and saves files beautifully but I'd like to at least turn the audio off even if I can't do the other menu functions. New Samsung EVO Plus 64GB SD card. Same thing with an old tested good Transcend 400X 64 GB card. The tablet works perfectly with the B1W app and that cam, as well as wifi and internet functions so I think it's OK too.

After spending an hour going nowhere I'm back to asking for more suggestions :D Android 6.0 Marshmallow and a 64 bit Intel quad-core processor on this tablet: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smartab-...5035&wl11=online&wl12=117380967&wl13=&veh=sem
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smartab-...5035&wl11=online&wl12=117380967&wl13=&veh=sem
Phil

I use FN Cam app and Viofo app with WR 1 ,FN Cam is better IMO because Viofo app is oftenly crashing,but it was updated recently and now you can do a preview of your recorded videos directly from an app without downloading it previously which is case in FN Cam app. With both of the apps,first you need to turn off recording before you start to search in your recorded videos or before you enter the settings part and when you are done with settings or watching,downloading videos,you need to turn recording on before you exit the app.
That is practice how I do with my WR 1, maybe something change in the mean time,because I didnt update my WR 1's firmware for some time ( only once after fabric one ).

Thanks @sone983 :D I'll try the FN Cam app and your explanation on how to use it is very clear (y) I really need to turn the audio off as my language when driving alone would make the devil blush :eek:

Phil

Well I'm still not having any success with any of the apps :( Every one says they might not be optimized for my device and so far none work properly so I'm inclined to agree. I find this odd as my tablet is using a relatively new OS which is supposed to be supported. This time the FN Cam page opens, the camera connects, but when the next page appears it is blank :mad:

The issue, whatever it is, may be in my tablet but with me being a newbie to Android I have no clue of what to look for or try next :whistle: The cam is working well so as long as that continues I cam live with it but I'd sure like to turn the audio off even if I can't accomplish anything else.

Phil

Well I'm still not having any success with any of the apps :( Every one says they might not be optimized for my device and so far none work properly so I'm inclined to agree. I find this odd as my tablet is using a relatively new OS which is supposed to be supported. This time the FN Cam page opens, the camera connects, but when the next page appears it is blank :mad:

The issue, whatever it is, may be in my tablet but with me being a newbie to Android I have no clue of what to look for or try next :whistle: The cam is working well so as long as that continues I cam live with it but I'd sure like to turn the audio off even if I can't accomplish anything else.

Phil

Is your tablet high resolution? Not optimized usually means the app developer was too lazy to scale for higher resolution tablets, (but will needlessly update apps to justify their job and ruin them in the process) even through they have been out there for 20 years. For example if you have a phone that has a screen that is 8 x 8 pixels and the letter 'E' takes up the entire screen, instead of programming the app so that a 1080 x 1920 pixel screen will display 'E' full screen but make it smoother due to all the extra pixels (the whole idea behind higher resolution) they will still make the 'E' out of 8 x 8 pixels resulting in an impossible to see letter because it is so small.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Viking WR1 22