List of microSDXC compatible with Xiaomi Yi 4K

Mighty777

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Dash Cam
Mini 806, ThiEye TM5E, Xiaomi Yi, Xiaomi Yi 2 4K
Hi everybody, given the various discussions on microSDXC cards which are not working, and given also the very small list of cards which are "recommended by Xiaomi" to work (but which are, at least at the moment, damn expensive), we decided to open a new thread where the various users could post the card which are working (please only the working ones, and not the ones which do NOT work).

Here I start:

a) Samsung Evo+ 128Gb (Class 10 UHS-1), with Xiaomi International Edition, Z16V13L, Fw 1.3.3 ;
b) Kingston Class 10 UHS-I U3 64Gb, with Xiaomi International Edition, Z16V13L, Fw 1.3.3 ;

c) Samsung Pro+ 128GB (Class 10 U3, Model: MB-MD128D, Model code: MB-MD128DA/EU), with Xiaomi International Edition, Z16V13L, Fw 1.3.3 ;

All Lexar 633x and Transcend 633x and above should work with Yi 4k and 4k+ , don't know about size limits but my 128GB cards work. SD card standard says anything under 2TB should work, but we all know sometimes software isn't written to spec.

Bitrates are capped so unlike with a regular camera, there is no benefit to getting a card faster than the minimum. Anything U3 or faster will be sufficient.

Samsung cards will work fine until they fail 3 months in and they don't honor warranty... ask me how I know this...

Hi everybody, given the various discussions on microSDXC cards which are not working, and given also the very small list of cards which are "recommended by Xiaomi" to work (but which are, at least at the moment, damn expensive), we decided to open a new thread where the various users could post the card which are working (please only the working ones, and not the ones which do NOT work).

Here I start:

a) Samsung Evo+ 128Gb (Class 10 UHS-1), with Xiaomi International Edition, Z16V13L, Fw 1.3.3 ;
b) Kingston Class 10 UHS-I U3 64Gb, with Xiaomi International Edition, Z16V13L, Fw 1.3.3 ;

None of them works on my YI 4K . I`m desperate. :(

Attachments

• sc cards.jpg
    sc cards.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 24
None of them works on my YI 4K . I`m desperate. :(
please upgrade to the latest firmware, and try again. from firmware 1.5.1 onwards the SD card issue has been solved, and now compatibility is much better (also the cheap U3 Toshiba Exceria now works well)

please upgrade to the latest firmware, and try again. from firmware 1.5.1 onwards the SD card issue has been solved, and now compatibility is much better (also the cheap U3 Toshiba Exceria now works well)

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate that. I use FW 1.5.6 however still the cam does not recognize these cards. :(

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate that. I use FW 1.5.6 however still the cam does not recognize these cards. :(

arghh....then I would suggest only three things:
1) update to 1.6.1 ;
2) check that the cards are original ones...;
3) format the card with the PC (choose exFAT) and then insert them into the camera, and format it with the Yi (once it has been recognized....)

Since my cards are not recognized by the camera, I cannot update to 1.6.1.
My cards, at least I'm sure of two of them, are originals.
And I've always formatted the cards as Fat32 as I've been suggested. I'll try to exFAT and let you know.
Thanks indeed.

Back