List of problems & issues with the RC500S

after owning the RC500s for 18months it died on me.
I have tried the current firmware and the previous one and it still does not work.
The camera loses it's settings and everything it tries to record has become corrupted.
every 60 seconds the camera relays the message 'please format SD card regularly, recording now'
EVERY 60 seconds,

It is hard wired to my car, so it's a pain to remove the cabling, but does anyone know if I can use the existing cables, front and rear cameras for the VIOFO A129 pro duo 4k dual?

Reactions: goz
All these problems are a corrupted SD card
I'm pretty sure your SD card is not good anymore
Try another SD card and see of it works
Also send a message tot DOD Support, they are really helpfull

Hopefully Amazon will deliver my SD card today, however I noticed that when I go onto the app, it does record clips which I can watch, but when out of the app, it records corrupted files.
I could be wrong, but I think it may not be the SD card:confused:

received the new card and it's not the card, got a response from DOD with some instructions so will try that next

after owning the RC500s for 18months it died on me.
I have tried the current firmware and the previous one and it still does not work.
The camera loses it's settings and everything it tries to record has become corrupted.
every 60 seconds the camera relays the message 'please format SD card regularly, recording now'
EVERY 60 seconds,

It is hard wired to my car, so it's a pain to remove the cabling, but does anyone know if I can use the existing cables, front and rear cameras for the VIOFO A129 pro duo 4k dual?

this is whats exactly happening to mine, just bought a new card, Samsung Micro SDXC 128GB Pro Endurance, and still no good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M DOD RC500S 21
Back