Sekaman

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Does anybody know, is this possible with "budget cam's".
The idea is to make easy and durable setup for the rallycar, so that they could stream live.
Needed gear would be phone and the cam.

I know that GoPro, HTC RE and Sony is capable for this. And YI 4K with latest firmware :)

But how about SJCAM and GitUp...?
I think that this would be a great feature to have.

Reactions: Mtz
Sure if you are not moving or at least doing so in a area where there is plenty of coverage, i am sure in Finland like in Denmark as soon as you venture a little out of the towns then 3 & 4G is questionable and you ( even in pretty flat Denmark ) can easy run into a place with no coverage at all.

And i think out countries are pretty well covered compared to others, after all we was forerunners in cellular technology.

I think it can be implemented at least in the SJ7 Star, but so far i have not seen anything like that in the camera menus or the phone app.

Most cameras i think have like a "post this" to ( where ever ) in the app, for the share / selfie junkies out there, but thats not live steaming.

This is all experimental but good idea.

There is reasonable 3G and 4G coverage here in Finland. Even in country side (basic 3G @ 50Mb) . But what comes to rally... Moving fast forward between the ditches, with a car. There might be few blind spot here and there. And the stream migh be a little shaky.
But to be able to see Live inside of the car, would be nice to the local rally sport and rally sport fans.

And even a generally, just "nice to have" option in action cams. I could see that this feature would be usable in many different ways...

I think that shortcomings is more about the app related and Cam to App connection speed.
Most of modern phones can stream decent quality now days. So that the phone is capable doing that.

It require a lots of development work, but can implement on most of action cams which support Wi-Fi.
Before we have tested it with Git2 stream to Youtube, it can work use opensource tool.

Back