Live view black screen

carguy4471

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea why my wifi live view would just be a black screen all the time? Everything else seems to be working like a peach.

I'm on an iphone Xs if that matters any. I can do all the settings and download clips via wifi but the live view is blank.

Thanks for the help!!

I got a black screen when I was in time lapse mode, but if I turned the phone sideways it worked. Try different modes to check?

Time lapse parking mode??
You can have time lapse in parking mode (which I was using) or in normal mode , Its in the settings :) some settings I had a black screen on my phone when watching live view, but if I turned my phone 90" it worked.

I'm pretty sure I don't have the normal mode time lapse set as the clips I downloaded to the phone are great video. I'll give the landscape mode a try tonight after work. I appreciate the input!!!

Tried landscape mode, same thing. Just a black screen.

Where do you see this firmware, 1.5 if what’s on the VIOFO site.

It is app issue, fixed in latest version, please check.

I'll try to uninstall and re-install the app after work.

This works for me Iphone X users. Turn on Airplane mode, turn on Wifi and try live mode.

Reactions: Mtz
Tried re-installing the app. No go. I'll try airplane mode after work today. Thanks for the tip!!

carguy4471, did you get this to work with airplane mode? my screen is also black on liveview, everything else is working.

I'm running the latest version, I just tried the airplane mode and it works, the screen stutters though, I'll try it later at 5Ghz to see if that helps.

I just bought the A129Duo. Downloaded the app from apple. I get black screen on live view on both mine and my wifes Xr and also on my iPad 6th gen. Live view only worked for me on my wifes Samsung tablet so I had to use it to install the rear camera so I didn't have any defroster lines.

3 brand new Apple products. All have iOS 12.2 and Viofo app v1.7.9

I just bought the A129Duo. Downloaded the app from apple. I get black screen on live view on both mine and my wifes Xr and also on my iPad 6th gen. Live view only worked for me on my wifes Samsung tablet so I had to use it to install the rear camera so I didn't have any defroster lines.

3 brand new Apple products. All have iOS 12.2 and Viofo app v1.7.9
Read my previous post.

It is app issue, fixed in latest version, please check.
This works for me Iphone X users. Turn on Airplane mode, turn on Wifi and try live mode.

You're right Combi, it does temporarily fix it and allow live view to turn on Airplane mode and then turn on wifi but Viofo, no it is not fixed and needs to be looked into.

Thanks Combi

Back