Live View glitches and screen brightness

Zzaz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, So I have two questions about the A129 Plus Duo.

I notice in live view in the app, the front cam will sometimes "glitch". As if parts of the picture data is missing, so it's blocks of color or something like that. The video file on the card is fine and has none of this. Is this normal or just an issue with interference?

Also, I have the front cam on the windshield center below the black box behind my rear view mirror which has all the car cameras and tech. It's probably a little lower than my eye level. The screen brightness seems awful during the day. I can't make out anything, unless I take it down or position myself lower. Is this normal for this unit? Is the 229 any brighter?

Thanks!

Is this normal or just an issue with interference?
Sounds like wifi interference, no it is not normal, but it does happen. It is normal if you are trying to view the live video from long distance, the wifi is only designed to be used within the car.

The screen brightness seems awful during the day. I can't make out anything, unless I take it down or position myself lower. Is this normal for this unit? Is the 229 any brighter?
The screen brightness is good for most conditions when the camera is mounted fairly high, where the sun can't get onto the screen. If you mount it lower then you may have difficulty in sunshine, but you shouldn't be using the screen while driving anyway, so this should not be a significant issue.

The A229 does have a better quality, and larger, screen. No screens work well with the sun on them though, not even the best iPhone screen can manage that!

You can use the app and your phone screen instead for setup.

Thanks for the input. I've tested 3 different dash cam brandss in the past few weeks and the Viofo by far has the worst viewing during the day and the viewing angles are very limited for the screen. I'm not talking about looking at it while driving, just using it when stopped. Also, the sun wasn't shining directly on it. It is just hard to view when it's bright outside.

As for the live view, I was in the car a foot or two from the cam when the glitches happened. It's not happening on screen or in the video file. Could just be where I was parked had interference. I'll have to test it more. I did have 60fps on the front cam when this happened. Maybe I'll try with 30fpt and see how it goes.

I do like the video quality of front and rear cams.

Some update:
I've done a little more testing today. Def can't see the screen without contorting myself when parked just to check settings. Not the end of the world but what is bothersome is that I cannot even see the record light unless it's dusk or night time. Mid day today it was impossible to see from the driver's seat. The passenger couldn't see it either without leaning way close to it and in the center. I'd put it to the side of the mirror area (left of the black 'box' that has the car cameras), but in Ca they are specific on where you can put a dash cam and that's not one of the spots.

Anyone's input would be appreciated, but is this normal? I'll exchange it for another with Amazon if that's not right as I really like the quality of the video. Seeing the record light is importing, im my opinion.

I have issues with this camera and brightness too.
During the day you CANNOT see the screen or the little red lights.

I’m having issues with my 2 year old camera losing the connection to the rear cam and the record light blinking and not recording but can’t see the screen or light to simply check for these problems.

Back