Live View not working.

jamesjay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I have had the F770 for a few weeks and it is hardwired and I am in the UK, and I have not been able to get Live View working even before I hardwired it. I have tried with a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, and both of these units have the latest firmware and these Android devices are above 4.0, they do connect for a second or so and I can see the auto Calibration screen, but no Live View and I get announcement within seconds from the F770 telling me that the smart phone is disconnected from Wifi.

The F770 firmware version is V1.00.08 and the smart phone app version is 2.4.2 I also have MX player installed and can download and play clips to my S4, in fact all seems to working such as the speed camera warnings, parking and motion mode, and I have left the LDWS and FCWS on but on a low settings, but I was having the same problem when when they were set at factory levels.

I read the threads about using fight mode without success and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and I also did a factory reset using the mobile app and did a forced reset using a pin at the side of the F770. and I am using the Thinkware SD card that came with the unit and i have formatted the card in the unit with the engine running.

I beginning to think I have a faulty unit, and although Live View is only useful for positioning the camera unlike LDWS and FCSW that I think is a waste of time and annoying, there is the odd occasion I would like to use Live View.

If there is anything I have missed in resolving this problem then I would grateful for any help.

Kind regards,
James.

Sometimes an antivirus program on the phone may block that, one that comes to mind is 'Lookout' but others may too. Also there is an update coming to the App in the next week or so that changes how the phone 'binds' to the WiFi of the camera so this may help possibly if it's not the antivirus.

I am using a Galaxy S4 active and the dashcam viewer is 2.3.1 with the camera firmware being .03
Everything works fine on mine except watching the recorded segments, it locks up the phone after two or three segments. Live view has no problems at all. I don't use the download anyways, it's much faster to take the card out and transfer directly. I have used my Blackvue rear camera live view as a backup camera. The thinkware is in a car that has one built in.

Good luck with getting yours.

Thank you for your replies Maddog1974 and WeedeaterDM,

I suspected it was a Thinkware software problem with it occurring on 2 devices...although they were both Samsung devices, but it is cured (for now) by removing the latest dashcam viewer 2.4.2 and installing 2.3.1 as stated in your post WeedeaterDM, so cheers for that M8 (y). I didn't try and play or download any files/segments as I formatted the SD card in the F770 yesterday...but I will try in the next few days and leave feedback if it is happening on my Samsung's.

I know it is minor bug but I spent a fair few hours searching posts and trying different fixes and I did turnoff my antivirus too, looking at the feedback in Play Store this seems to be a longstanding problem that has happened before when updating with new software and should have been resolved a long time ago so lets hope they get it sorted in the forthcoming App update, because the feedback I have read on the Mobile Viewer is not flattering for a high-end model.

Many thanks again for your replies and a Merry Christmas to All.
James.

Just fixed the F770 live view problem by turning on the airplane mode and then manually turn on the Wifi to connect the F770 - which was recommended by Blackbox my car

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd post the following in case someone still has a problem accessing the live view of the thinkware F770 .....

What I did to resolve the problem.....

Disconnect the rear view camera.
Press the Format and the Rec keys together for 5 seconds (a couple of beeps are heard), this resets the device.
plug in the rear view camera.

for me I was than able to access the camera live view.

Back