LK-290 hard power switch does nothing?

SendScam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have the C unit with the dual power ports. As far as I can tell I've installed the unit correctly but I'm not sure.

I've the yellow B+ wire connected to the 'power lock' fuse for continuous power and the red ACC wire to my 'cigarette port adapter' for only when car is on. In both cases I've used a fuse tap with both taps being 5amps. The 'power lock' is 25 and the 'cig port' is 10 as they were by default in the vehicle. LED light is red and fast flashing when on voltage mode and green when on timer mode. The ground is ground. I've left the unit as default in 12v and 12.4v mode.

Anything plugged (dashcam) into either connectors work fine when the car is powered both off and on. All seems to be working except for the hard switch which does nothing when I switch it from on/off.

Do I have a defective unit or could this be caused by an error in install/operation on my part?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I ll test my unit tomorrow and I ll let you know what happens when I switch it off.

Later: I ve tested my unit and off/on switch works. If I turn it off while camera is running the device shuts down and so does my camera.

Last edited:
I have the C unit with the dual power ports. As far as I can tell I've installed the unit correctly but I'm not sure.

I've the yellow B+ wire connected to the 'power lock' fuse for continuous power and the red ACC wire to my 'cigarette port adapter' for only when car is on. In both cases I've used a fuse tap with both taps being 5amps. The 'power lock' is 25 and the 'cig port' is 10 as they were by default in the vehicle. LED light is red and fast flashing when on voltage mode and green when on timer mode. The ground is ground. I've left the unit as default in 12v and 12.4v mode.

Anything plugged (dashcam) into either connectors work fine when the car is powered both off and on. All seems to be working except for the hard switch which does nothing when I switch it from on/off.

Do I have a defective unit or could this be caused by an error in install/operation on my part?
Thanks!

@SendScam, based on my tests. With my settings in my sig, The on-off switch does these:
- Engine ON, Switch ON, power still runs
- Engine ON, Switch OFF, power still runs
- Engine OFF, Switch ON, power still runs
- Engine OFF, Switch OFF, no power

Now I'm not sure if these are by design, but those are my findings.

Hope it helps.

Back