LK-290, how does it work? Do I need to push the button every time voltage is cut?

ANN

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was reading from:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111095661186
And noticed at the bottom of the english photo description it reads:

"In case of cutted off power by voltage or timer mode already, it should need to be reset and work again if input voltage is higher than 13v(22v) or 25v(24v) with start engine."

What does this mean? I surely hope I do not have to open the panel where the LK-290 would be hidden to push the button everytime voltage is cut-off...

Last edited:
The wording is a bit clearer in the manual. It states:
If power is cut off by voltage mode/time mode operations, input voltage when the engine starts should be higher than 13V(12V mode), 25V(24V mode) to enable automatic reset for a normal operation of the device.

So as long as voltage is over 13V when you start the car, it will automatically reset, no button to push.

Thank you, I hope this helps everyone in the future too when deciding!

can someone explain
with this device
camera starts recording everytime i start the car, when engine shut off it continues to record and
it stops recording when voltage drops below some value, lets say 12.4.
and starts recording again automatically when car starts(voltage above 13v)

but what about the situation when car is parked home in the garage, over night, i dont want it to record, can i cut the power manually by pressing the button on LK290?
and would it power up the camera again automatically when i start the car(voltage over 13), or do i have to manually press the button on the LK 290 to power the camera again=?

and even if the lk290 does not function that way, i imagine i could power lukas through a button that would cut the power to lukas when pressed for a moment, lukas would cut the power, when i release the button, power would come back, but lukas has already cut the circuit, and at 12.8v when engine off lukas would stay that way, and with engine started lukas would power on again with voltage above 13v?

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Power Devices 3
D Power Devices 1
Back