LK-350

twooutleft

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there anyone has LK-350 power cable?
On Vendors forum, I read a seller provides free gifts including LK-350, as well as an AV cable, extra mount bracket, and CPL filter. If anyone has used it, please share your experience!

The LK-350-12VT(Multi) is an intelligent power switch for the dash cam.
-When you start your car, it automatically supplies power to the cam.
-When you shut your engine off, it keeps power supplied to the camera for a limited time to allow parking surveillance.
-If the car battery gets drained, cam power is cut to prevent the car battery from going completely dead.

Those are its main features. The manual is confusing and really poor.

After ignition/accessory key off, there is a programmable timer to allow Parking surveillance; 6/9/12/24/36/48 hours max.; Default time is 12hrs.

The LK-350 connects to your car battery power, but it senses the ignition key (on) via the ACC (ACCessories) wire, and it also monitors car voltage.

The car battery low-voltage cutoff has a programmable threshold, from 11.6 to 12.4V below which camera power is pulled; Default threshold is 12.0V which still leaves enough power to start your car, although Lukas recommends upping it to 12.4V during winter.

Once the LK-350 cuts power to the dash cam, it draws only 0.1mA; There is a slide-switch to manually turn off all power. Useful if you are parked for a very long time (weeks); there is zero drain on the car's battery then.

The unit has a built-in digital voltmeter, showing voltage input and voltage output to the cam, updating only when you keep pressing enter, which is annoying. The display also shows if the unit is in countdown-timer mode, or voltage-monitoring mode.

Since it can pull power on the camera without the camera knowing, there is still a danger of file corruption I think.
If there was a third IGN/ACC wire for the dash cam, you would get better functionality integrating the intelligent power switch in the camera.

I find the unit compact, convenient and useful, but a little overly complicated for what it does. Firmware is unpolished.

Out of the box, connect three wires and cam cable, and it's installed and running.

I've only had it for a few days so still learning about how it does. So my notes here might have mistakes.

Since it can pull power on the camera without the camera knowing, there is still a danger of file corruption I think.
If there was a third IGN/ACC wire for the dash cam, you would get better functionality integrating the intelligent power switch in the camera.

It is my understanding that the 7900 has a capacitor which will power the unit for some time after power is cut. I'm pretty sure I was reading that the camera will even continue to record for some amount of time after power is disconnected (10 seconds or something?). The use case is in the event of a crash that disconnects power the camera will still provide some video after the event.

Given that, I would expect the shutdown to be graceful on loss of power.

Yes, I found if you pull power on the LK7900, it gracefully shuts down by running on the super-cap. It takes a couple seconds.

The Lukas (manual) would like you to turn the camera off switch:
"Do not pull out the power cable while using the product.."
"...if the black box is shutdown in the following order, it is helpful in maintaining the life span of the product and preserving the data"

I just wire ACC and BATT together to my IGN power and use the LK-350 as a fuse/power cable, and don't bother with Parking Surveillance (battery) mode. Because people hit the sides/rear of my car instead of the front anyhow.

The cigarette lighter cable is fine but if you direct wire it, gotta have a fuse.

Just for the record the Lukas LK-350 is an outdated model. You won't find it on the Lukas website at March 29, 2015.
Buy the LK-290 instead, which is the current BDP product offered by Lukas, and is considered the best BDP by DashCamTalk (see See: https://dashcamtalk.com/battery-discharge-prevention/)

Be careful on Amazon - a search for the LK-290 will call up an old LK-350 model instead (as I carelessly found out the hard way).
Instead order the LK-290 on eBay, but be careful there too to get the correct product number.

And be sure to order the right type of LK-290:
1. Type A installs a single cigarette lighter type jack.
2. Type B installs a single DC 3.5 mm. plug to directly power the certain compatible black boxes/dashcams.
3. Type C installs two cigarette lighter type jacks.
All types wire up the same with the same switches.

Last edited:
Back