LK-530 problems

denverandy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please excuse if this question has been asked before.

I got my 7900 today and installed it, works great. I was trying to use the LK-530 and it just doesn't seem to work. I plug it into the lighter socket (which is active, tested with another device) and it doesn't show any charge coming in or a battery voltage. I checked the fuse, it's fine. Has anyone else had out-of-the-box problems with the LK-530? It shouldn't require direct wiring, should it?

I got it from Green-sum in Korea (amazingly fast; ordered on a Monday afternoon and arrived in Colorado on Thursday).

Appreciate any help, thanks.

Is your lk 530 receiving power? When I installed mine, I had the same problem until I figured that that 9v power source was only active when the car was on. Once I turned on the car, the unit started functioning OK

lotrbfme said:
Is your lk 530 receiving power? When I installed mine, I had the same problem until I figured that that 9v power source was only active when the car was on. Once I turned on the car, the unit started functioning OK

Don't you mean 12v power? I'm just feeding the 530 from the lighter socket for now. Next steps: test the cable with a multimeter. Maybe I have to leave a new unit plugged in for a while before it registers anything?

Ah never mind all. It appears that all the box needed was for the car to be on so the power jumped past the pre-set cutoff on the LK-530. Can't test it with a car not running.

Back